Great friendly place with excellent owners who care about their property and the comfort and privacy of their guests.
Iain booked a restaurant for us for dinner (Pins) which was excellent and guided us to Niagra the first night, which again was excellent - and both BYOG! (We travel with our own supplies that we prefer)
We'll be back, breakfast was great, plenty of variety and good coffee. Rooms, Magnolia and Bluebell were very comfortable, although it did take 1/2 hour to fill the spa! However it was very relaxing after a day's climbing around the area. Very central to Echo Point and CBD Katoomba, just a short drive to Leura where we had a delicious lunch at the Deli overlooking the valley.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurrara Guest House was built in 1902 as one of the first guest houses in Katoomba. In 2012, it was handed over to new owners and has undergone a transformation. Our beautiful Mountains Guest House is centrally heated, and offers 3 spa en suites, with 4-poster beds and period furnishings. 5 Upstairs shower en suites are individually decorated and have been recently refurbished. Our guests enjoy relaxing in our communal lounges around Victorian gas log fires and a large screen TV/DVD & library. Enjoy tea & coffee on arrival, and complimentary Port. We offer a full continental breakfast of homemade muesli, cereals, freshly baked bread, fruit, yogurt, and fresh juice. Free wifi is available in all rooms. Kurrara has its own private carpark and off street parking. Situated on a quiet and peaceful corner, surrounded by rhododendrons and mature trees. We are within walking distance to Katoomba town centre and wonderful restaurants, Echo Point and The Three Sisters and the many bushwalks in the surrounding area. We welcome you to stay with us and become part of an 110 year tradition of visitors to Kurrara. You won't want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Kurrara Historic Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel Katoomba
- Kurrara Historic Guest House Katoomba, Blue Mountains