What a beautiful and peaceful place this is! We arrived late on Saturday night and were greeted by name. Given a tour of the welcoming common areas downstairs (fires blazing, extensive DVD and book collections and port on offer) and told to treat it like a friend's house which it felt like. Given full details for breakfast and a tour of our comfortable room-The Lily. House was cosy warm all night, we slept like logs in the antique bed and woke up to sun streaming in the windows.
Large range of items for breakfast-5+ cereals, loaves of bread, fruit, yoghurts and even warm croissants with tomato and cheese. Tea and coffee available all day and night-what a thoughtful touch.
Although at times I am a little hesitant to book guest houses, I did not want to leave this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurrara Guest House was built in 1902 as one of the first guest houses in Katoomba. In 2012, it was handed over to new owners and has undergone a transformation. Our beautiful Mountains Guest House is centrally heated, and offers 3 spa en suites, with 4-poster beds and period furnishings. 5 Upstairs shower en suites are individually decorated and have been recently refurbished. Our guests enjoy relaxing in our communal lounges around Victorian gas log fires and a large screen TV/DVD & library. Enjoy tea & coffee on arrival, and complimentary Port. We offer a full continental breakfast of homemade muesli, cereals, freshly baked bread, fruit, yogurt, and fresh juice. Free wifi is available in all rooms. Kurrara has its own private carpark and off street parking. Situated on a quiet and peaceful corner, surrounded by rhododendrons and mature trees. We are within walking distance to Katoomba town centre and wonderful restaurants, Echo Point and The Three Sisters and the many bushwalks in the surrounding area. We welcome you to stay with us and become part of an 110 year tradition of visitors to Kurrara. You won't want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Kurrara Historic Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel Katoomba
- Kurrara Historic Guest House Katoomba, Blue Mountains