This is a long overdue review. We stayed at Old Rose Master suite (for 3pax) in mid June for 2 nights. When we checked out the reviews of this guesthse, it wasn't really optimistic.
The location was a long walk from the train station, via a rather long steep slope, at least 15~20mins if you are lugging your lugguage. The house is an old world charm on its own. The lady at the recept was friendly. Our room was on the 1st floor and boy, we were pleased on how the vintage furniture was maintained. You can't find these in standard business hotels. The 4-poster bed was equipped with electric blankets which are life savers for those hailing from the tropical islands. The 3rd bed, though w/o electric blanket, are layered generously with blankets.
The self serviced breakfast is simple: bread, toast, cornflakes, milk, butter, jam, coffee, tea etc. You can of course stock up from the nearby Cole supermarket and put in their common fridge.
During last day of check out, they also allowed us to put our lugguage in their storeroom.
I actually broke a wine glass in the room and the owner was very very kind enough to tell me not to worry about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurrara Guest House was built in 1902 as one of the first guest houses in Katoomba. In 2012, it was handed over to new owners and has undergone a transformation. Our beautiful Mountains Guest House is centrally heated, and offers 3 spa en suites, with 4-poster beds and period furnishings. 5 Upstairs shower en suites are individually decorated and have been recently refurbished. Our guests enjoy relaxing in our communal lounges around Victorian gas log fires and a large screen TV/DVD & library. Enjoy tea & coffee on arrival, and complimentary Port. We offer a full continental breakfast of homemade muesli, cereals, freshly baked bread, fruit, yogurt, and fresh juice. Free wifi is available in all rooms. Kurrara has its own private carpark and off street parking. Situated on a quiet and peaceful corner, surrounded by rhododendrons and mature trees. We are within walking distance to Katoomba town centre and wonderful restaurants, Echo Point and The Three Sisters and the many bushwalks in the surrounding area. We welcome you to stay with us and become part of an 110 year tradition of visitors to Kurrara. You won't want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kurrara Historic Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel Katoomba
- Kurrara Historic Guest House Katoomba, Blue Mountains