“Almost perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Darley's

Darley's
Reserve with
Darley's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Katoomba
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Blue Mountains Best Dining Experience | Darleys Restaurant. Our Blue Mountains Restaurant offers modern Australian cuisine which is served in a romantic space that features beautiful stained glassed windows, original ornate fire places, crystal chandeliers and offers guests a breathtaking view of the surrounding gardens and the Jamison Valley. Open: 6.00PM - 10.30 PM : Tuesday to SaturdayA La Carte Menu2 Courses - $95 pp3 Courses - $125 ppNote: Weekends and public holidays - set price 3 courses $125 6 Course Degustation Tasting Menu $160 ppMatching Wines $75 pp
Blue Mountains Australia
“Almost perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Being locals we have been to Darley's a number of times. My partner thought we should go there for Valentine's Day.We arrived and the first thing I notice is the warm,friendly yet extremely professional greeting from the maitre d this was going to a good evening.
Actually all the wait staff were professional and polished in their delivery. The menu was degustation and the courses were an interesting mix of some seafood and meat along with some very interesting vegetable dishes. The baby beetroot with goats curd was I though a highlight.
All dishes were expertly executed and beautifully presented except for the dessert.
I'm not sure why the fashion is to have desserts with pop corn but more importantly lots of salt!!! In my case the amount of salt in the dish was unjustified and completely over salted.The dish was inedible. It was such a shame that the finale was left uneaten.
This is why the evening was almost perfect.
Notwithstanding this we would go back to Darley's again.

• Visited February 2014
Ralf B, General Manager at Darley's, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Darleys Restaurant.

I am concerned about your comment on the dessert, and the amount of salt that ruined your perfect evening. I can assure you that the chef had a good look at the dessert and slightly adjusted the recipe. Please accept my apologies, and I hope I will be able to welcome you back shortly.

gm@escarpmentgroup.com.au

“62 degrees duck egg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Well echoes had already set the bar high the night before so Darley's were out to prove themselves better !
Setting beautiful, overlooking the English style gardens :-)
62 degrees duck egg sent my taste buds into overdrive and wished I could have licked the plate !!
Roasted lamb loin .....matched Echoes in quality but the flavour Echoes was still the best I've ever tasted ......
However the toasted coconut parfait with passion fruit and mango ......OMG!!!!!!!!! To die for .
An amazing meal from beginning to end and the staff where so lovely and helpful .
Would so recommend , a truly wonderful evening .

Visited February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Darleys Restaurant.

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great experience, and enjoyed the Facilities and our team that looked after you. By the way you should have licked the plate, as I have seen it many times before.

gm@escarpmentgroup.com.au
Hong Kong, China
“A very special place. It's a bit overpriced but the atmosphere is worth it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Food is a bit overpriced but the setting and atmosphere is trully special. Food was good in general but not consistent with all dishes.

• Visited February 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Darleys Restaurant

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great experience, enjoyed the facilities and our team that looked after you.

Sydney, Australia
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

A superb meal with everything beautifully prepared and presented. The duck main course was wonderfully tender and the chocolate mousse dessert to die for. Our waiter Dominic was so helpful giving advice on the food and wine and where it was was sourced. A truely wonderful evening.

Visited January 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Perfect Anniversary Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We booked the restaurant as per hotel's recommendation and i'm so glad we did. The food was amazing! The service, great, funny, warm and welcoming. The menu is modern but not to 'weird sounding' the food cooked perfect, portions medium size, enough even for male but not to big to be stuffed after. 3 cocktails to choose from, happy for the pregnant me to still have a fancy drink without just settling for soft drink. The decor is beautiful exactly as per the website. I would recommend this place for anyone visiting Blue Mountains!

Visited January 2014