“Lovely”

Ranked #1 of 92 Restaurants in Katoomba
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Blue Mountains Best Dining Experience | Darleys Restaurant. Our Blue Mountains Restaurant offers modern Australian cuisine which is served in a romantic space that features beautiful stained glassed windows, original ornate fire places, crystal chandeliers and offers guests a breathtaking view of the surrounding gardens and the Jamison Valley. Open: 6.00PM - 10.30 PM : Tuesday to SaturdayA La Carte Menu2 Courses - $95 pp3 Courses - $125 ppNote: Weekends and public holidays - set price 3 courses $125 6 Course Degustation Tasting Menu $160 ppMatching Wines $75 pp
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Was lovely and cannot really fault the food or service however, I felt it was not quite up to all the hype I have heard. Definitely recommended but not the best restaurant I have ever eaten at.

Ralf B, General Manager at Darley's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review you recent dinner at Darley’s Restaurant on tripadvisor.com

I great to read that you enjoyed the food and service at Darley’s Restaurant. It’s a special place, and whilst not the best restaurant you have ever eaten at I am sure you will be surprised every time you eat with us. Chef Lee only uses local products, and therefor changes his dishes very regular.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This restaurant is excellent. Great for a special occasion with professional service and attention.

Enjoyed a superb Wagyu beef and entree of heirloom tomatoes whilst drinking a superb Pinot from their excellent wine list.

Go and enjoy the night!

It is expensive but I highly recommend it. 2 course $95. 3 courses $125

Ralf B, General Manager at Darley's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your dining experience at Darley’s.

I was pleased to hear that your dining experience with us was a very positive one. We pride ourselves on luxury at its best here at Darley’s. I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

with thanks,

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I tried to book Darley's for our wedding anniversary, using their online reservations. It informed me that someone would get back to me shortly by phone.
No-one did, so we ended up going to the Eucalypt at the Fairmont instead, which was fantastic.
If you can't even confirm a reservation, what's the possibility of you being able to make my anniversary great?

I've been here many times before and each time, it's been dubious. Dishes not delivered to the table, slow service only saved by having a chat to the chef who'd come out to ensure everything was ok.
I get the feeling that Darley's doesn't really like locals so much and would prefer tourists. That's fine, but if you're sitting in a market, it makes sense to appeal to that market for your 'bread and butter'.
I noticed recently Darley's has started to advertise in our local paper, which is an interesting move. Perhaps us locals are worth looking at after all, huh?

1  Thank Myst001
Ralf B, General Manager at Darley's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent visit at Darley’s Restaurant on Tripadvisor.com

I am extremely disappointed, and surprised at the same time. We pride ourselves with great service, and I cannot explain how your request has slipped through.

We work very close with locals, and are very involved with the community as we would love to see more locals visiting our Hotels and outlets.

I would like to discuss this matter in further detail, and hope you could contact me directly on gm@lilianfels.com.au

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The room/decor at Darleys is gorgeous. We had dinner on Saturday night, there was a 3 course minimum. We'd had high tea at Lilianfels only about 4 hours earlier, and normally we would have gone for the degustation, but we knew even 3 courses would be a bit of a struggle.... but the food was fantastic so we still managed to enjoy every mouthful. My partner and I both had different dishes so we got to try a few. All were excellent. I loved the panacotta dessert!
This is the best restaurant I've tried now in the Blue Mountains (and I've been to a few really great ones) - I will definitely be back and highly recommend it. We were lucky to get in though at such short notice - so will be sure to book ahead next time just incase.

Ralf B, General Manager at Darley's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at Darley’s Restaurant on Tripadvisor.com

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed both your stay and the dinner experience at Darley’s. It is a fantastic restaurant in a pictures location.

Save yourself next time, and try the degustation with the matching wines as it is a treat.

I hope we will see you again soon, to experience autumn in the m mountains

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We recently celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary at Darley's. It was a wild stormy night and stepping inside we were welcomed with very friendly and professional staff. The interior is just gorgeous and so much suited the night we wanted. As the storm was so bad the lights kept flickering on and off which made it seem even more atmospheric. A martini in the bar before we seated warmed us up nicely and were able to peruse the menu at a leisurely pace, and able to ask lots of questions about the menu. Once we were seated in the restaurant we were treated to delicious entree's (pork jowel for me, organic 60 degree duck egg for my husband). Mains were yummy but less so than the entrees (Venison on red quinoa for me and Lamb for my husband). Desserts were good but the ice cream was way too soft on both. My husbands turned into soup. It is a beautiful place to dine.

Ralf B, General Manager at Darley's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent dinner experience at Darley’s Restaurant on Tripadvisor.com

It’s with pleasure to read that you had a pleasant experience at Darley’s Restaurant.

We proud to provide an exceptional experience, in a fantastic mountain setting, and will look forward to welcome you back to Darley’s Restaurant in the near future.

Please accept my apologise for the melted Ice cream, that's defiantly unusual for Darley's and I will look into it.