I found the room quite dingy and run down, with an unpleasant smell which made me sneeze and my eyes run. A few hours after leaving the hotel the following day, it cleared up so I assume the damp peppery smell was to blame. The room was clean, but the pool water was slightly cloudy and did not seem clean to me. There was a weird witch doll hanging in Reception, which I found off-putting. I certainly wouldn't want to stay again and, at about double the price of the backpacker hostel in town, I think that might be preferable. Deafening noise from aircon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Blue Mountains Motel with a B&B atmosphere is perfectly positioned in the heart of this stunning World Heritage area in the main town of Katoomba. The motel is family owned and operated, your hosts Jamie and Kerry are on hand to offer that extra personal touch and attention to detail to create a friendly relaxed atmosphere during your stay. Spend a night - Not a fortune!! The Sky Rider Motor Inn is renowned for providing clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation in a quiet garden setting. Our 24 guest rooms types vary from Queen, Twin, Deluxe and a range of Family rooms, all provided with free wireless internet. Our popular salt water swimming pool and BBQ area are favourites with our guests can enjoy their breakfast in our dining room with garden views and open log fire for the cooler months, we serve a full continental breakfast as well as hot breakfast daily. Free parking is available to all of our rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sky Rider Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sky Rider Motor Hotel Katoomba
- Sky Rider Motor Inn Katoomba, Blue Mountains