“The best.”

Ranked #32 of 92 Restaurants in Katoomba
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I regularly visit Champagne Charlies during the day for lunch or coffee or at night for a cocktail. I wouldn't go anywhere else in the mountains. No matter who is tending the bar, day or night, I am always left highly impressed by them and their obvious passion for their craft. They are always so very knowledgable and never fail to go out of their way to help me and always suggest or create delicious cocktails for myself and my company for my visit. I am always greeted with a smile and made feel welcome. I couldn't pick a favourite cocktail - they are always made so exquisitely. The lounge has a beautiful fireplace that I always try to sit near to relax, and the atmosphere on the whole is warm and comforting.

1  Thank ktulu6

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Champagne Charlies is a great place to have a drink. This place has a really nice old style charm about it. This bar is a nice place to go with friends for an after dinner drink... even better when it is cold as you can sit by the cosy fire place. Evan (one of the bartenders) will whip you up almost anything. Champagne charlies have an interesting drinks menu and I never quite know what to have with all the choices. Evan makes great cocktails. I asked him to surprise me and he made me an amazing orange cocktail that was sweet and delicious! Stop in here. You wont be disappointed.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Hey there,
whenever my friends and I are in the mountains for a weekend, we always hit up Champagne Charlie's for drink or two. Located in the most iconic historical buildings in Katoomba, the Carrington Hotel, Champagne Charlie's has Great bar staff - and they're all cocktail experts, the menu is amazing, and i recommend you try the the espresso martini. Everyone's really friendly, and it's got a great atmosphere. Year round. But I particularly like it in winter, to have a few scotchs by the fire. It's a cozy and homely atmosphere that hints of the grandeur of the early 1900's which made the Carrington hotel one of the most sought after of it's time. It's our local when in the Blue Mountains, and we wouldn't change anything about it! (although it could stay open a little later!) but that's ok - you just head down to piano bar to get a few more beers and catch a local band. Champagne Charlies 10/10 for a quiet drink by the fire, or out on the deck in the summertime.

2  Thank eneratejosh
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My partner Belle, and old friend Stephen and I co-founded a weekly Drinks group - the Carringtonians - at Champagne Charlie's in 2006, and we have gone there EVERY Friday since. It is a wonderful bar, cosy, friendly, welcoming, with a fantastic staff. The Carringtonians weekly Drinks is a get-together for Blue Mountains writers, literary-arty fellow travellers, and arts non combatants too. Non-alcoholic drinkers also tolerated.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I always have a great time when I go there, a great laugh with the staff, and Evan is the best cocktail maker!! Bee's knees if you ask me!