“Excellent”

Ranked #2 of 19 Katoomba B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were lucky to be upgraded to the Spa room at the rear. Almost palatial..four poster bed. Spa bathroom, excellent shower and decorated to an exceptional standard. Breakfast is served and is of a very high quality. Free WIfI which is a novelty in Australia. Host is precision personified. Faultless.

Room Tip: Its busy ..book early
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Canberra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Took my wife and my mother with me, on this visit. They gave me scrambled tofu, when I told them I have a vegan diet preference. Re-organised the dinning room a little, so my mother could be close to the self serve food area, as well as being close to me and my wife. Peter and Suzanne were both extremely friendly, and professional, as usual, and my my mother feel particularly welcome. My mother commented that the stay would have been good value even at double the price.

Room Tip: The Cottage is great if you have more than 2 adults staying. It has two double bedrooms, a living ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

TA reviewers overwhelmingly seem to give this place 5 stars. Maybe we hit a bad patch. Our room was small and cluttered with (unnecessary) furniture. However, the greatest disappointment was the bathroom. The wash hand basin was very badly chipped and cracked. It really should be replaced - old or antique is fine but unfit for purpose is not. In addition, two or three of what appeared to be the larger cracks turned out to be hairs. The previous occupant of the room (or the cleaner?) had long, dark hair, a fact that I wish I had been unable to discover. Similarly, the black mould around the outside base of the shower cubicle was unpleasant.

The owners seemed pleasant enough, breakfast was good and the location, within walking distance of Echo Point and the town, is very good. But generally Lurline did not live up to the expectations generated by other reviews, especially when compared with the other four (outstandingly good) B&B establishments we stayed in during our trip to Oz.

2 Thank akrivos
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here twice in 2008 and have just returned for a one night stay with a friend from Germany.

Another Excellent review is almost redundant given the consistently high ratings Lurline deservedly achieves. But it deserves all the acclamations it gets.

On this occasion my young friend and I stayed in the two bedroom cottage off to the side of the property. It was excellent. Roomy, spotlessly clean and comfortably furnished. My young friend loved the fact that it was decorated and furnished in a style befitting the cottage and its immediate surrounds.

Pluses for Lurline include off-road parking, free wifi, tasteful decor throughout, great service and the best breakfast spread I have yet found in a B&B anywhere in Australia. The location is within comfortable walking distance of the town centre and the 3 Sisters.

The owners and staff are friendly and helpful. Peter is a most charming host.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Montclair, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely place. Peter and Suzanne were delightful hosts. The breakfast was wonderful freak fruits and eggs of choice. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The location is walking distance to a sweet and reasonably priced cafe. In the morning, they feed the birds and an astonishing array feasted outside the breakfast area. Highest recommendation.

• Stayed February 2013
Manchester UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We spent two nights at Lurline House and thoroughly enjoyed it. On arrival, Peter presented a tray of tea and biscuits and gave us information about the house and the local area. Our room was spotlessly clean, very comfortable, quiet and spacious. The en suite was modern and well equipped.
Breakfast was delicious - freshly cooked to order and plentiful. We would certainly stay at Lurline House again and can highly recommend it.

Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to the Blue Mountains from Sydney and had no accommodation booked - this B&B was booked for us by a lovely gentleman in the office at Echo Point. I didn't think that we would get a great place at such last minute - but we very pleasantly surprised. The B&B is on the main street but it was incredibly quiet, we had a beautiful, very comfortable room with a private veranda - we had a fantastic nights sleep. The hosts were just lovely - very professional, offered plenty of recommendations for restaurants and places to visit the following day and the breakfast was superb!! I would defiantly recommend staying here - if I ever make it back to the Blue Mountains again, I will be staying in Lurline House! 5*

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Katoomba
The Carrington Hotel
Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant
Parklands Country Gardens and Lodges
Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort & Spa
Melba House Boutique Bed & Breakfast

Been to Lurline House? Share your experiences!