Located on the road between Katoomba town and Echo Point it is conveniently situated. It is a mere 2 minute walk to the high street where lots of cafes and restaurants are available.
The room was clean and reasonably big, with a tiny table with two dining chairs for a meal or read.
In addition to the central air-conditioning the room was provided with individual temperature control, making it easy to be comfortable.
The bed was fine but we found the pillows a bit thin and hard.
Don't count on using the spa for relaxation. The jacuzzi is too small to accommodate more than a couple of persons, making it awkward to use if one arrives after it is already occupied by more than one person. The sauna is fine.
Struggling up the stairs (no lifts) with heavy luggage I wondered how elderly guests would cope.
I would suggest the management install ramps in the corridors where there are steps between levels (on the same floor) to ease the passage of guests wheeling their luggage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a charming Heritage hotel in the main street of Katoomba, so leave your car and walk to dozens of restaurants and attractions. Make sure to visit us in our lounge café where we serve locally produce best coffee and selective locally grown organic wines and beers. ENJOY OUR NEW FREE WIFI FROM ALL ROOMS!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palais Royale Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palais Royale Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Palais Royale Blue Mountains Katoomba
- Palais Royale Boutique Hotel Katoomba, Blue Mountains