Palais Royale is under new management and is now run by a lovely family. The hotelier showed us to our room with his little daughter following behind and peeking around corners at us :) We were a bit fussy and wanted an upstairs room and were accommodated with no fuss at all.
The bed and pillows were comfortable! Hooray! Though our room faced out onto the road it was very quiet. The room was not huge but did have a cute little table by the bay windows. It had a lovely ensuite and the finishings (cornices, tiles etc) were lovely. I complimented them to the owners who said the previous owner had spent years restoring the hotel to its former glory. He did everything himself and has done a fantastic job!
The dining room is impressive and the breakfast was wonderful!! So much to choose from! We had come down late for breakfast on our second night there but the hotelier himself cooked us a fresh breakfast so the chef could go home! Freshly cooked bacon, eggs, beans, anything we wanted! We were very well looked after :)
I will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a charming Heritage hotel in the main street of Katoomba, so leave your car and walk to dozens of restaurants and attractions. Make sure to visit us in a few weeks as our new lounge café will be opening! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Palais Royale Blue Mountains reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palais Royale Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Palais Royale Blue Mountains Katoomba