“PINS”

Ranked #12 of 93 Restaurants in Katoomba
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pins on Luline's setting is a Katoomba landmark, a grand historic house built at the turn of the century. We deliver fine food with Contemporary Australian flavours and a focus on locally sourced produce. We provide an intimate, cozy and comfortable dining experience, set in the heart of the breathtaking Blue Mountains. Visitors can enjoy the surrounding natural beauty and the outlook of our stunning traditional English gardens with a glass of locally sourced wine.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Me and my partner managed to book in on our second night staying in the Blue Mountains. Highly recommend booking in advance as ore than likely full booked.

A lovely warm reception and plenty of choice on the menu.

My boyfriend had steak with diane sauce which was different to how we know it, but nevertheless was delicious! I had prawn skewer with rice and stir fry veg which was tasty.

For desert my boyfriend had the 3 chocolate desert and said it was the best he has ever had! I had an applecrumble with gingerbread flavoured icecream which was lovely and warming in the cold mountains!

We took our own wine as it was $4 corkage and the waiter was more than happy to provide the ice bucket.

We were not rushed and had a lovely chat to the owner at the end of the evening.

Most definitely will be back!

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I can be a bit of a critic and snob when it comes to restauraunt meals on trips away. This meal was meant to be the 'budget night out' to balance out the fine dining night. The food at Pins is not modern or delicate but as a whole, I can honestly say its the best restauraunt I've ever been to in terms of food vs ambience vs value or money.

It was completely packed out on a Tuesday night. The menu itself is kind of strange, with a section for asian noodles, pastas and rice dishes (both asian and Italian inspired). Every course we got was a talking point, and absolutely delicious. It wasn't a new taste experience but I can't even explain how much I enjoyed the meal.

Three courses for two, the most expense bottle of red they had, and out for less than $100.

Would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Jamkey
Reviewed July 14, 2014

If confit de Canard is your dream dish, then this is the place to go.
The restaurant is a family affair with a very eclectic menu but very reasonable prices and everything is delicious. You can't go wrong. But back to the duck: crispy skin and moist meat inside. This is a must dine if you are anywhere in The Blue Mountains.

1  Thank Les M
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our host at Kurrara guest house strongly recommended Pins and made a reservation so we could squeeze in. A bustling warm restaurant with good food and plenty of custom. We had a great meal but found the portions were too large for our kids. I would not take my children there again- the flavors were too sophisticated for them and they did not enjoy the meal. Perhaps, pins could add a couple of items to a "kids menu" for this. The dessert was delicious. My husband and I enjoyed our meal there very much. The service was quick and turnaround fast.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Had dinner with partner and 8 yr old child. Entre size pasta was great for child.
For mains had steak n beef curry both were excellent ..
Place was warm , service was quick.