“Consistently excellent”

Ranked #11 of 92 Restaurants in Katoomba
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pins on Luline's setting is a Katoomba landmark, a grand historic house built at the turn of the century. We deliver fine food with Contemporary Australian flavours and a focus on locally sourced produce. We provide an intimate, cozy and comfortable dining experience, set in the heart of the breathtaking Blue Mountains. Visitors can enjoy the surrounding natural beauty and the outlook of our stunning traditional English gardens with a glass of locally sourced wine.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We have been coming to 'Pins' on and off, ever since we first found it as little 'Pins and Noodles' in Katoomba, 20 years ago. Pins on Lurline is one of our favourite dining places in the Blue Mountains. The hostess and staff are unfailingly cheerful and efficient. Simon (the Scotsman in the kitchen) produces delicious meals and the most mouth-watering deserts. The ambiance is casual and friendly and the menu is an interesting mix of Asian and mod-Australian. Our latest visit was with Norwegian friends who sampled the kangaroo fillet and were so impressed they wrote home about it! We started with the delicious Japanese dumplings (gyoza) to share and I chose the slow braised pork belly with Asian greens which was outstanding. Whether you pop in for a casual bowl of noodles or decide on a 3 course extravanganza as we did, you can't go wrong at Pins on Lurline. Oh and I should also mention that Pins is excellent value for money.

2  Thank MimiNSW

Reviewed November 21, 2013

The food here is incredible.!! It's a bit of a mix of cuisine and western food, I've eaten here multiple times and the food is always amazing! As for the desserts! Leave room, they are incredible some of the best I've ever had. The service is great, book in advance though as they book out quickly as they're so good!

1  Thank Emma C
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This restaurant is great, nice frontage and gardens. We went on a Tuesday evening and it was full, so I recommend you book this restaurant. We had the bruschetta which was nice (the crust was a little burnt but that did not wreck the entree). My husband had the crispy duck confit which he said was faultless (I had a mouthful- for someone who normally doesnt eat duck, it was very good), I had the pork gyoza dumplings which was delicious! We then had tea and coffee, my husband had the dessert- the strawberry and peach warm crumble with ice cream which was fabulous and I had their white chocolate cream brûlée infused with lime and ginger served with ice cream. This was yummo but very rich! There is a takeaway menu also. I definitely recommend this restaurant and we will be going back!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I LOVED this restaurant. Somehow our booking had been mixed up and we arrived a week early but the owner was so lovely and accommodating and found us a table. From start to finish our experience was fantastic. The quality of the food was amazing - this would by far be the best quality for money that I've seen around. All courses were unreal and the menu was brilliant. The service was lovely, attentive but relaxed. Really lovely, relaxed atmosphere as well. We'll be going back as soon as possible.

2  Thank caitiej
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Dining at this place was more than pleasant. Booked in advance with the help of Chris of 3 Explorers Motel. He highly recommend this cozy place for dinner. We order the dishes shown on the chalkboard and all of them are definitely mouthwatering! Remember to check them out when you are at Katoomba. Be sure to book in advance. The place will be packed in no time.