“Excellent experience !”

Renaissance Spa at the Carrington
More attraction details
Owner description: Renaissance Day Spa is located in the historic Carrington Hotel, Katoomba, Blue Mountains. A well appointed luxury Day Spa with experienced Therapists; designed to nurture and transport you to another era. Escape from the real world for a while, you deserve to. We cater for singles, couples and special events. Only the best, quality natural skin and body care is used. You will leave Renaissance Spa feeling nurtured, relaxed and glowing from head to toe. We look forward to making you feel special.
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Excellent experience !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Location:
Renaissance Spa is located within the iconic grandeur of the Carrington Hotel, Katoomba. The Carrington is a beautiful destination within a stunning mountainside location, providing over 130 years of decadence. The spa is located up a steep flight of stairs and offers an intimate yet enjoyable setting for your day spa needs. The location of the spa is a handy destination for guests of the Carrington, but locals and non-guests may also enjoy the spa services.

Service:
We were booked in for a couple's massage, facial and herbal bath. This was our first time at a day spa and what a pleasant experience! We had Rachael and Rika as our therapists. The pair were experienced, engaging and friendly. They accommodated our every need, from the requested appointment date/time, to specific back and shoulder problems we wanted alleviating. I have no complaints whatsoever with the therapy given to us. The massage was extremely thorough and intensive. The facial was a great combination of beautiful oils, hot towels and massage, incorporating exfoliation, cleansing and hydration. The herbal bath was also invigorating and relaxing after a 60-minute massage/ facial. I went into the therapy a little awkward and unsure as to the protocol. All my awkwardness and concerns were stamped away as soon as I began the therapy. The services provided by the day spa thoroughly increased my overall satisfaction of my stay at the Carrington.

Overall:
Renaissance Spa offers affordable, enjoyable and invigorating massages, facials, etc. The spa accommodates singles, couples and groups and offers a convenient location for hotel guests to enjoy the beauty of the Carrington hotel through the provision of experienced and determined therapists. I would definitely recommend the Renaissance Spa. It was truly a pleasure.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank bankr0bber

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Never Recommend the day spa for Massages:”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were all shocked (4 ) at the quality and the experience on the masseurs . We did NOT feel as though we had massages it was like oil was lightly rubbed on us by inexperience masseurs. Management need to monitor what is happening in the hotel and listen to customer feedback!!!!

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Betisydney
Sydney
3 attraction reviews
“RENAISSANCE DAY SPA AT THE CARRINGTON HOTEL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Day Spa was amazing - enjoy the ultimate in relaxation. You first enjoy a massage, the ladies will then balance out your Chakra's with the Tibetan singing bowl followed by another massage and then an all over mud mask. Afterwards you enjoy your own personal spa with all natural products and unwind. Ultimate for those that need to unwind - great gift for two friends to catch up and relax in their individual spas. All natural products used on the day are also available for purchase.

Afterwards you can enjoy a drink or meal and enjoy the historic grounds.

Mortdale, Australia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Blissful indulgence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Renaissance Spa is so lovely and the staff were friendly and skilful. They made it a wonderful treat for my friend and I who were celebrating our birthdays. We had the "radiance treatment". It took one and a half hours and involved massage, exfoliation and a facial in the "couples" room. They use lovely Blue Mountains made products and talked in whispers so as to preserve the relaxed atmosphere. Prices are similar to other spas. I couldn't fault the experience and would love to go back some time.

Visited March 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Jo and her products are the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been visitng the Blue Mountains for years for treatments. My friend and I stayed at the Carrington for a Rock & Roll weekend, I was thrilled to learn that Jo was running the day spa she is one of the best up there and her products are devine. I would highly recommend but not too loudly as I don't want her to be booked out on my next visit!

Visited January 2012