“At last!”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Recently I have been raving to my friends how good the Bistro Niagara is in Katoomba and every time I would mention it, my friends would say, Yes, but have you tried the Unique Patisserie? So last week I did, and guess what? Tonight we are going back again! Wow! what a find. The food is truly excellent. I love Malaysian food at the best of times, especially when it has the influence of 'Penang' style cooking, such as what one finds here at the Unique Patisserie. Don't worry I will not be neglecting the Bistro Niagara but deciding between the two of them in the future is going to be a tough decision. Do yourself a favour and give it a try, you will definitely not regret the experience.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We've now had several visits to Unique Patisserie and have never been disappointed. The meals are uniformly delicious and very good value. Our last visit in the evening on Valentine's Day resulted in all the customers being given a free heart-shaped dessert...a creamy, custardy puff with coconut icing... delicious and appreciated. They also had carrots carved into amazing shapes on many of the dishes. This family-run business deserves the support it appears to be receiving!

1  Thank cazzam
Reviewed January 27, 2014

After deciding to visit Katoomba while on a trip to Sydney I checked out TripAdvisor to see what restaurants would be good to eat at. I must say after reading about Unique Patisserie I was looking forward to having dinner there. We weren't disappointed; the food was delicious. We had satay chicken, a duck dish, honey chicken and crispy beef. Everything was amazing and so reasonably priced and beautifully decorated with incredible vegetable carvings. We took some of the lovely cakes/pastries back to our motel as we were so full; they too were delicious.
Well worth the visit.

1  Thank Julie M
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Wow - after reading some reviews we took a punt to try it ourselves- and we weren't disappointed!. The choice of Malaysians dishes was great- the kids had great meals and my curry loving other half found the Randang curry and the special chicken curry as good as he has had!
The prices were reasonable and the service was friendly! We went three times !

1  Thank nooshandGoofy
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This place is a hidden secret gem, so amazing I feel I should give an average review in order to keep it a secret for us locals ! The food is sensational ! Lovely staff, accommodating and swift with service. I cant pinpoint which meal is better as they are all equally amazing !
Honestly, delicious food, freshly cooked... don't let the weird plastic fake wedding cakes in the window fool you, this place is fab !
My mother is a picky eater, will find fault in anything if given half the chance, but she left their feeling full, happy and raving about what she'd just eaten.... and that's saying something !