“Fantastic laksa”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Like many other posters, we were bemused by the combination of patisserie and Malaysian cuisine but the laksas we had for lunch were amazing. The display of cakes and pastries was fantastic. This is a really busy little place and there seemed to be lots of locals getting their cakes so they must be really good too. Kids at the table next to us were well catered for and the service was friendly and efficient.

1  Thank thmoore

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Unique patisserie is a weird mix. Grand garishly coloured fake wedding cakes stand in the window, seems to be the usual meat pies and sausage rolls with a selection of cakes on display. BUT... order from their menu of malaysian and other asian meals. TO. DIE. FOR.

They are very accommodating of families and quick to serve. The fifties rock n roll doesn't go with the overall malaysian/bakery atmosphere but it just adds to Katoomba's colourful quirkiness. The rendang curry is divine as well as their more-than-generous laksas!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was surprise to see that the No. 1 rated restaurant in Katoomba was one that serve Malaysian food, I know I had to try it. Too my surprise, it's really good. My wife and I had the Beef satay and Bak Kut Teh and they were fantastic. We're gonna go there again tonight.

2  Thank houhong
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Who would think what appears to be a cake shop would turn out to be a Malaysian restaurant, what's more is that the food is amazing! We went back the following night and it became clear that all the locals know and love this place.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I lived in Katoomba for 6 months, and I would have to say this is one of the best places I've ever dined at, the desserts are AMAZING!!! You need to go here if in town, the staff are very friendly and they are unique with an artistic flare. My favourite dessert would have to be the bee sting.

2  Thank mstegert