We chose this guesthouse for my birthday weekend as it is a wonderful location, and I heard the rooms had been refurbished recently. The rooms were lovely, with a lovely french feel and the views were spectacular.
Unfortunately, the bar and restaurant area are still as it was when built in the 90's...black marble and leather which is really not in keeping with the mountains guesthouse feel. The bar and fireplace area didn't open until 5.30pm, which was quite disappointing as the weather out side was appalling and sitting around a fire was exactly what I expected to be able to do.
We had dinner at Darley's restaurant (part of this hotel group), which was fantastic, possibly one of the best meals I've had. We expected that our breakfast the following day would be wonderful also, as it was quite expensive. What we got was very second rate...juices were not fresh, and a pretty average continental buffet. The cooked breakfast was made to order, but the bacon had obviously been cooked well in advance and kept warm...it was oily and really dried out and tough. The roasted tomatoes could have been the previous days leftovers. I had eggs benedict, and I think the hollandaise sauce was possibly from a bottle, so pretty disappointing.
Overall though, we had a great time as the rooms were so lovely and such wonderful views. But one last cross against this hotel...we paid $555 for bed and breakfast, then over $300 for dinner, they then charged a fee to use our credit card on checkout! I don't think I've ever been charged a fee for an upmarket hotel and restaurant before!
I would have to think twice about staying again as this hotel didn't feel generous...they didn't really offer anything other than a lovely room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant is perched at the very edge of the Jamison Valley at Echo Point in the Blue Mountains. Our unique location offers stunning and uninterrupted panoramas of the National Park from every room, providing all our guests with ever-changing but always dramatic and breathtaking views. All this and only 90 minutes from Sydney!Our unique location offers stunning panoramas from every room, providing our guests with the most breathtaking views of mountains, cliff edges and lush rainforest valleys. Blue Mountains' most stunning icon 'Echoes' unveils itself on the very edge of the Jamison Valley with views right through to Mittagong, 80 kilometres away.Relaxation and recreation takes on whole new meaning at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant. Rejuvenate with a brisk hike through the Jamison Valley or find peace and serenity with a pampering spa treatment in our private sauna and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echoes Boutique Hotel And Restaurant
- Hotel Echoes Boutique
- Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant Katoomba, Blue Mountains