“Great Views and Cosy Bar”

Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Katoomba
Sydney, Australia
“Great Views and Cosy Bar”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Nice small hotel with only 14 rooms.
You can use all the facilities of Lillianfels.
All Rooms seem to have a great View of the valley.
Close walk to 3 sisters look out.
I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ralf B, General Manager at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this review, December 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant

I hope we can welcome you back to Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant in the near future.

Group General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. We stayed in the wentworth room which was on the edge and the views were breathtaking , not to mention how comfortable the beds were ! Definently will be back.

• Stayed May 2014

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Our stay for our honeymoon was fantastic. The staff were professional and courteous. The rooms were luxurious, spotless and ours had an incredible view over the Jameson Valley. Phone reception in the rooms was almost nil. Loved that. The restaurants at both echoes and lillienfels were amazing.
I definitely recommend this for a romantic weekend away when you want to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and take in some fresh mountain air.
Loved it

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Ryan G
Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great stay, and enjoyed the facilities and our team that looked after you and made your honeymoon even more memorable.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Spent a night at Echoes celebrating our son's birthday. Staff where very helpful in organising the booking. The food and view were terrific, and the service was refined. A really good time had by all.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had a lovely stay at Echoes in the Blaxland Room. There was a lovely view when the fog cleared and the room was 5 star. The staff were very friendly and professional. I found a used towel behind the bathroom door that had been missed in the house-keeping inspection but otherwise the room was very clean (even under the toilet seat). The only downside is that the room was off reception and quite noisy. We could also hear our neighbour's tv. The noise level didn't bother me but my husband is a light sleeper so it did bother him.

We had dinner in the restaurant. The ambiance was nice and the Asian fusion food was superb. My only complaint was about the wait staff. They were disorganised and one waitress was in training. Another questioned me about whether I had informed them that I was vegetarian for the purposes of the aperitif. I had informed them when I booked but not specifically on the night. I didn't appreciate her tone given that I had just ordered the only 2 vegetarian meals on the menu for entree and main (so assumed common sense would mean I needn't specify it again). The kinks were small and not that big a deal but I regularly eat at restaurants where the prices are $110 per person plus and those restaurants manage to have everything running perfectly.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Pplate
Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great stay, and enjoyed the facilities and our team that looked after you. However I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we failed in some areas to provide you with the service, and attention we are known for especially with the housekeeping issue and restaurant service.

I hope you accept my apologies, and rest assured all issues raised will be addressed with the relevant departments.

I hope I will see you again soon at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Echoes Hotel was magnificent. We were travelling from the UK and had one special night stay there - during which I am pleased to see we got engaged. The Sauna and Spa was great and is included in the price if you don't have any additional treatments. There is an outdoor pool too. The service was first class as was the food. The views breathtaking, right on the edge of Echo Point. Thanks to all involved for making it such as special stay and evening. Paul & Caroline

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UK_Travellers2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It’s a pleasure to read that you had a great stay, and enjoyed the facilities and our team that looked after you. Congratulations on your engagement, I am please that we were able to make this a memorable stay for you both.

Vail, Colorado
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The rooms seemed big enough but..... If you put a desk, luggage stands, and a decent closet in the room you'd be out of space. Only 1 electrical outlet, no coffee maker, spotty Internet, and little control over the temperature. A $15.00 breakfast for $55.
A spectacular view of the valley but not worth the $600+

Room Tip: Upper floors in back all have great views