A short break before returning to work after 7 weeks leave was in order. The venue was to be close to Sydney and something 'special'. We chose Echoes as it had always interested us and indeed it didn't disappoint.
We checked in on Friday afternoon, after being a tourist with early lunch at Wentworth Falls followed by the attractions at the Scenic Railway. Check in was easy and welcoming. The room was spacious and the view magnificent. We sat a while on our verandah and appreciated how lucky we are to live so close to such a beautiful place. We then ventured upstairs at 4.30pm to have a drink on the verandah outside the bar. Sadly though the bar didn't open until 5.30pm so we ventured back down to our room to wait until then. On our return we realised we could no longer enjoy the seating outside as the weather was not warm enough so we had our drinks in the bar room (without a fire!).
Later we walked to Darley's restaurant for a meal that was truly fantastic. The venue was superb and the service was attentive without being pompous. Unfortunately my partner became ill (nothing to do with the food) and we had to depart before dessert was eaten. However the staff could see that all was not well and offered assistance if required. They were genuinely concerned and we thank them for this.
Would we go back to Echoes? Yes certainly! Would we go back to Darley's? Yes, in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant is perched at the very edge of the Jamison Valley at Echo Point in the Blue Mountains. Our unique location offers stunning and uninterrupted panoramas of the National Park from every room, providing all our guests with ever-changing but always dramatic and breathtaking views. All this and only 90 minutes from Sydney!Our unique location offers stunning panoramas from every room, providing our guests with the most breathtaking views of mountains, cliff edges and lush rainforest valleys. Blue Mountains' most stunning icon 'Echoes' unveils itself on the very edge of the Jamison Valley with views right through to Mittagong, 80 kilometres away.Relaxation and recreation takes on whole new meaning at Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant. Rejuvenate with a brisk hike through the Jamison Valley or find peace and serenity with a pampering spa treatment in our private sauna and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echoes Boutique Hotel And Restaurant
- Hotel Echoes Boutique
- Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant Katoomba, Blue Mountains