Echo Point Village(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$89
$87
$144
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

The Carrington Hotel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$145
$86
No. 14 Lovel St(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$42
$253
$173
Priceline
Sky Rider Motor Inn(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$66
$56
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $68/night.

Alpine Motor Inn(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$81
$75
Lurline House(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$61
3 Sisters Motel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$65
$60
Priceline
All reviewscorner suitecliff view roomjamison valleyblue mountainssister hoteluninterrupted viewssmall hotelthe cliffthree sisterstwo coursesecho pointscenic worldcomfortable roomcontinental breakfastbalconiesbryantescarpment
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This boutique hotel is very overpriced for what is a compromised building with awkward (to squeeze in views) small rooms and very few facilities.The rooms have balconies but no privacy as there are only chain partitions between each. When we stayed, the lounge, which was the only space outside the rooms, closed at 9.45 p.m. Breakfast supplies were of a good quality but somewhat limited and served in miniscule dishes, whilst special requests such as omelettes were charged separately. When we arrived the receptionist watched as we struggled with bags and as we left the head cleaner was in an argument with the receptionist about her duties. Unimpressive.

Room Tip: Higher floors are larger with better views. Lower rooms have a pinched balcony on to garden.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank GANDK715
Reviewed September 25, 2012

From the earlier reviews I was expecting views from the hotel and not much else. However, it is a really a lovely property with polished service. From the point of arrival to the service in the restaurant, it is really the best experience we had in Australia! What a spectacular location and dining experience. The hotel rooms were contemporary and comfortable although not overly spacious but we quickly appreciated that the design of the rooms were to do with the views and what a view! We had little to complain about with our breakfast and dinner as well as the meals were freshly prepared with a wonderful palate of flavours and colour – bravo to the Chef..Overall, we would thoroughly recommend this hotel to travellers for an overnight stay as it is a unique take on Australian wilderness yet so easy to find from Sydney.

2  Thank mcordani52
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel simply does not deliver. The rooms are pokey and whilst the view is unbelievable, the shared balcony is not my idea of a luxury experience. On the other hand, the restaurant (run seperately) is exceptional. My suggestion would be to stay somewhere else and dine at the restaurant.

5  Thank Brett M
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My goodness what an expensive mistake we made 11/9/12 by going to the Echo restaurant at the Echo Hotel. It promotes itself as "high end" but it was obvious from the off that it lacked polish. I do wish they wouldn't put your tonic in your gin with asking and simply drown it. For a ten quid G and T you might expect an olive or a nut but none were presented. The lady taking our initial food order asked us if we would like to order our dessert - very strange. OK, maybe that's a bit picky but the food was a huge disappointment. The scallop starter was nice enough but "ballotine of guinea fowl with mushroom duxelle" and further fancy description was just not that nice. It was simply a breast rolled, with palid rubbery skin wrapped around it, accompanied by a tiny, hard, chewy thigh which was pretty much inedible. The mushroom duxelle was cold, and the "heritage carrots" very hard even for someone like me who likes their veg on the crisp side. I opted to have cheeses afterwards as I was still hungry and the platter was huge with big pieces of 7 types of cheese, some of them rather odd choices, and it goes without saying, not enough crackers. The apple chutney and the quince paste that was meant to be the accompanyments were simply not there and when I asked for them I was told that there was no chutney left, but I did get two small pieces of the chewyest fruity matter I have ever struggled through (ie, the quince paste). With three of the cheaper glasses of wine between us (no coffee) it cost us about $250 (aussie) or 160 English pounds. OUFFF!!!

1  Thank Helen M
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I feel very disappointed with the treatment received at a supposed 5 star resort. I booked a room for over $1000, which was charged to my card straight away. I then received a call later that day to say the room had not been booked and there was no availability the weekend that we wanted, despite it having been confirmed over the phone. The refund to my card has still not been paid and I have been offered no compensation, so I am effectively short $1200 for the month. The receptionist, Cathy, was incredibly rude and made no attempt to acknowledge how inconvenienced I have been. I cannot believe that a resort that claims to be 'luxury' and 'boutique' can have such poor customer service.

8  Thank jenny w