I may have given this hotel a higher rating except for the following two incidents (which left me wondering if they were isolated or a way of doing business):
1) Owner was a bit off-putting when we checked into the hotel. No big deal as I had not planned on interacting with him again. But, later, when I couldn’t connect to their internet, he seemed to have better things to do than assist me. I made several more attempts to connect before approaching him again for help. Once again, he tried to brush me off. This time, however, I persisted. Finally he stopped what he was doing long enough to listen to my problem. Then, he replied by blaming me. Really? No help? Just blame me? Wow! Ultimately, I figured out the problem on my own (which turned out to be THEIR password) after which I found the connection quite good.
2) One of the MAIN overhead lights in our room was broken and flickered continuously. It was so annoying, we had to turn it off, leave it off and work in the dark in that portion of the room. At check-out the next morning, we advised the woman at the front desk about the problem. To my surprise, I was told they already knew. You knew? If so, why not fix it?!!
Other than those 2 incidents, this hotel was a decent value for the price. Don’t let the somewhat rustic and plain exterior fool you. The room was very clean, nicely decorated and sufficient in space. The bed . . . oh the bed . . . what comfort!! The night we stayed was a chilly one and the electric blanket worked like a charm. Very nice!
We had dinner at adjoining restaurant which was convenient but rather pricey. Breakfast was continental-style and delivered to our room timely.
Although the problems we encountered tainted our overall opinion of this hotel's management, they were not so severe as to prevent us from staying here again. Besides, the comfortable bed alone might be reason enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Alpine Motor Inn is quality AAA Tourism Officially Accredited Motel. AAA 3.5 star rated accommodation, most of our rooms are AAA 4 star rated rooms featuring well-appointed king, queen and family guest rooms. All rooms are non-smoking and include ensuite bathrooms, heating, reverse cycle air-conditioning, LCD Digital flat screen TV and wireless internet. Guests are welcome to enjoy our additional onsite facilities including next door restaurant, free parking, public access internet terminal and room service.Yes, in-room WiFi is included in our Motor Inn it is Free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Alpine Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- BEST WESTERN Alpine Motor Inn Katoomba, Blue Mountains