Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains
$136
3 Explorers Motel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$96
$93
The Carrington Hotel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/01
$158
$89
Hotwire.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

Sky Rider Motor Inn(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$68
$61
Agoda.com
3 Sisters Motel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$74
$70
Agoda.com
Alpine Motor Inn(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$90
$84
Priceline
$242
$232
Priceline
Katoomba Town Centre(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$68
$66
Hotwire.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

Blue Mountains Heritage Motel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
Hotels.com
$66
$64
Travelocity
1,736 results
All reviewshigh teaindoor pooldarleys restaurantthree sistersblue mountainsvalley view roomecho pointlounge areasconesfive star hotelreading roomechoes restaurantbilliard roomsister hotelold world charmmid weekshort stroll
Reviewed April 9, 2010

My husband surprised me with a weekend getaway to celebrate our anniversary and we spent a weekend at Lilianfels Hotel in the Blue Mountains. From the moment we stepped into the hotel, we felt special. The porter took us to a beautiful room that had great views of the mountains. We then explored and discovered the lush gardens and beautiful surroundings and the staff everywhere were so nice and friendly. After taking a bush walk in the region, I was then treated to a spa treatment in their Spa. We then had dinner at Darley's and it was just perfect for us to celebrate our special occasion. Food, service and atmosphere were just so right. The following morning, after sleeping in one of the most comfortable hotel beds, we were awoken by the sounds of birds. The following day, we repeated the indulgence and it was just as good the 2nd time around. When it was time to leave, we promised ourselves to return once again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I did like the decor of the hotel as it did remind me of Claridges in London, however, sadley it is the only thing that reminds me of claridges.
The hotel was full and the staff seemed flustered. When we asked if the cot was going to be put up in the room we were told they were very busy and would get round to it before 7 pm- not great as our baby goes to sleep before 7.
They don't put towels out by the pool. You have to go to the spa and sign for them (not sure if they are worried that their customers want to steal their threadbare towels) I went at 8.oo pm for swim and the spa was shut and I couldn't dry myseld off and had to go upstairs dripping wet.
We only got one small bottle of shower gel for 4 people for a 3 night stay.
Darleys is the worst two hat resturant I have ever been. I couldn't eat the meain meal as the meat was so tough-(starter was nice!) They still charged me for the main. There were 3 staff for the whole place and it was full. We asked three times for wine and water. The head waiter was very unfriendly and when we arrived didn't say hello or anything- he just barked at us and said "wait there"
We called for room service three times and no one answered- in the end I went down in my dressing gown and found a member of staff to give the order to.
The General Manger, Heniz has just started a month ago, however, when I gave him the feedback he just smiled and said that they know there was a problem with the towels but didn't say sorry for the other problems and didn't seem that intrested.
Little things were missing that are not in keeping with a 5 star hotel-like no welcome letter in the suite.
Some lovely things- they had an easter egg hunt for the children and some of the staff are really lovely and great with kids. Good location.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank trollydollySydney
Reviewed April 5, 2010

My husband, one year old daughter and I stayed here at Lilianfels for three nights over the Easter Long Weekend.
I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was recently bought by Escarpment Hotels (Around January 2010) and has undergone many changes as well as a new Manager. It has, however, kept it's old charm, with a tea lounge, a reading room, a billiard room, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, spa and two restaurants.
The staff were attentive, amazingly friendly and did everything they could to make us feel at home - nothing was too much to ask.
Reception even organised a baby sitter for us. I was expecting a 17 year old who wanted to make some extra cash but boy was I wrong. We had a wonderful lady, who was not only a mother but a grandmother and knew EXACTLY what she was doing which left us very much at ease to enjoy the "alone time" we were so in need of.
By the end of our weekend getaway my husband and I actually didn't want to leave. We'd met so many wonderful people and we really felt as though we were at home.
I did have one thing I was disappointed about, the in room TV. HOWEVER I spoke to the manager and he informed me that they are in the process of getting new larger plasmas within the next few months which cheered me up immensely - snuggling and watching movies on a cold, wet day.. nothing better.
Would I be back again? Most certainly!
I have never enjoyed a stay at any hotel more. If you're going, don't expect new and flashy. This is a place for couples and families, it's cosy, warm and charming. The backbone of the hotel, the staff, were amazing. The manager is wonderful - someone you can easily talk to and who's not afraid to lift a finger himself which was extremely refreshing to see.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I stayed a few nights during my honeymoon and it was absolutely fantastic. Had a spa massage, enjoyed their restaurant, was treated like royalty. Beautiful place, great location, comfortable and beautiful rooms/views!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2010

Lots of nice things about Lilianfels but they miss the mark on a few key things. Do not expect SPA availability, you MUST book the SPA before you book the hotel! Same goes with the restaurant.

The staff are pleasant but do not give you 5 star service. Any comments or complaints fall on deaf ears, from the reception desk and in our case the acting General Manager.

Beware as some of the suites do not have views - can be disappointing especially if you paid $750 for one night. Breakfast may be included in your rate/stay but watch out if you want fresh juice or a cafe latte - $10 per drink!

Shame, as it is really a wonderful place apart from all of that!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple