We stayed here for three nights in January as part of a week long trip to the area north of Sydney. It's about a 1.5 hour drive up from the airport and quite easy to find. Check in was quick and they asked us if we wanted to dine in at Darleys, normally closed on Sunday but open as the following was Australia day. Taking the easy way out, we agreed to a booking that night. The room we had was on 1F (second for Americans) and while modest in size, was perfectly adequate for our needs. Bath and storage space were fine. I don't recall turning on the telly. Why bother when you come here and there's so much to see and do? We had a quick lunch by the Lounge, seated outside. Service was attentive and the food, sandwiches and salad, was excellent. Dinner at Darleys was superb. Service, wine and food were excellent. We ended up eating at Darleys twice and the first time was better no doubt due to the enthusiasm of the server. We also ate one night at the grill where I ordered the steak, something I don't eat that often living in Asia but I figured hey, it's Oz so why not? I was not disappointed in either the quality of the meat or the cooking which was as requested, medium-rare. Brekkie is also served in this area. Selection is quite good with the normal cereals, toast and pastries. Additionally one can order a cooked meal, something we both indulged in on our last morning. We did not use the pool, gym or other facilities other than renting a couple of bicycles to wander around town. The concierge(s) were extremely helpful in giving directions, recommended places to go and activities. Plus, they seem to have a vast knowledge of the many trekking trails in the area, what to see and what to skip.
Location is less than 10 minute walk to the lookout point for the Three Sisters and trailhead for the Giant Steps and other short hikes. Some of the better restaurants in Katoomba require a car or cab to reach but that is easily organised. Note that some of the restaurants are also closed for the month given that it's the summer holiday season. A good sign in that they're serving the local trade but for travelers, worth calling ahead.
Okay, good location, nice rooms, excellent food and beverage combined with excellent service covers all my requirements. Highly recommended and do eat at Darleys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lilianfels Resort and Spa is a renowned haven for relaxation in one of Australia's most beautiful destinations. This multi-award winning hotel & resort is set amidst two acres of manicured gardens, overlooking the most spectacular scenery in the World Heritage Listed Blue Mountains National Park in NSW, Australia.Blue Mountains Accommodation | Blue Mountains HotelLilianfels Resort and Spa is a 5 Star resort with 85 Deluxe rooms and Suites. Onsite recreational facilities include heated indoor and outdoor pool, tennis court, billiard/games room, library and gym. Lilianfels is perfectly located within 5 minutes walk to the iconic 3 sisters rock formation at Echo Point and is close to all major attractions including Scenic World, Leura shopping village and award winning restaurants. Blue Mountains Dining | Blue Mountains RestaurantSituated within the grounds of the historic homestead of Sir Frederick Darley, Lilianfels is home to the multi-award winning Darleys Restaurant which features the best seasonal produce from the region, served in an elegant and romantic setting that is unmistakeably fine dining. Celebrate that special occasion in glamour and experience the revival of Lilianfels 'Old World Charm' as we invite you to peruse and tempt your palette with our new A La Carte Menu.Re-discover why our Multi-Award winning Restaurant excels again in style and service.Blue Mountains Conferences | Blue Mountains MeetingsWith meeting and events space for up to 100 guests complete with state-of-the-art equipment, 85 spacious accommodation rooms to house your delegates, and a fabulous array of fine dining options to choose from, it’s the ideal setting for meetings and conferences which will show your colleagues or clients how much you value them.Blue Mountains WeddingsThis European style country house hotel specialises in smaller weddings and events of up to 100 people. Personalised service, exceptional facilities and thoughtful attention to detail, accompanied by stunning views of the Jamison Valley make the hotel the ideal wedding venue.Blue Mountains Spa | Blue Mountains Beauty TreatmentsLilianfels is also renowned for its Spa. Guests can indulge in an array of soothing spa treatments individually tailored to refresh and rejuvenate. Enliven your senses with our soothing and restorative body and beauty treatments delivered by a team of caring and talented spa professionals.Dining with Spectacular Views at our sister property – Echoes RestaurantDiscover why Echoes Restaurant was awarded best regional restaurant in Australia by AHA in 2012. The combination of fine dining and spectacular views of the Jamison Valley have made Echoes a destination in the Blue Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort And Spa
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Katoomba
- Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains Katoomba