My husband and I recently visited Lilianfels Hotel in the Blue Mountains, we arrived early and we were greeted by a Duty Manager by the name of Danial - who in fact checked us in, he explained that our room was not quite ready and offered to store our luggage, sit down in the beautiful sitting area and offered us a complimentary cup of coffee while we waited, we were exhausted when we arrived after a long flight, and took advantage of his offer. We were escorted to the luxurious lounge area, which overlooked a well manicured garden and lovely outdoor settings. Within moments we were approached by a lovely young lady who took out order for coffee.
Danial kept us informed of the progress of our room, he obviously noted the bags under my eyes, and offerred for me to perhaps rest in another room while we were waiting for ours, although a generous offer, I declined.
When our room became ready, Danial personally took us to what I can only describe as a luxurious and well appointed room which had a lovely outlook, he took time to show us where everything was and how it worked, we were immediately made feel at home.
Still quite exhausted even after taking a nap on bed that can only be describe as 'heaven', we went down to dinner. I had one or two small issues with the service, the restaurant was very busy but I feel that due to my fatigue I blew things out of proportion and found myself feeling very upset. I am sure my husband must have been embarrassed. One of the supervisors went and got the Duty Manager so that I could discuss the issues that I had - Danial arrived to our table and listened with genuine concern to my problems, I found myself in tears (not through any fault of the Hotel), I remember looking around and out the door to the foyer and noticed just how busy the Hotel was, but Danial sat down next to me placed his hand on my shoulder and asked if I would be more comfortable in the Lounge area - He left and returned a short time later and took us too a lovely private table and took my order, within a short time my food was in front of me, a complimentary glass of Champers was delivered with Danial's compliments.
Both my husband and I had recently lost a sister and my mum so this trip was very important to us - and with the help from my knight in shining armour Danial and the friendly and attentive staff employed at this magnificent hotel our stay was made so very special - I could not recommend Lilianfels more strongly to anyone who wants to be treated as a welcomed friend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lilianfels Resort and Spa is a renowned haven for relaxation in one of Australia's most beautiful destinations. This multi-award winning hotel & resort is set amidst two acres of manicured gardens, overlooking the most spectacular scenery in the World Heritage Listed Blue Mountains National Park in NSW, Australia.Blue Mountains Accommodation | Blue Mountains HotelLilianfels Resort and Spa is a 5 Star resort with 85 Deluxe rooms and Suites. Onsite recreational facilities include heated indoor and outdoor pool, tennis court, billiard/games room, library and gym. Lilianfels is perfectly located within 5 minutes walk to the iconic 3 sisters rock formation at Echo Point and is close to all major attractions including Scenic World, Leura shopping village and award winning restaurants. Blue Mountains Dining | Blue Mountains RestaurantSituated within the grounds of the historic homestead of Sir Frederick Darley, Lilianfels is home to the multi-award winning Darleys Restaurant which features the best seasonal produce from the region, served in an elegant and romantic setting that is unmistakeably fine dining. Celebrate that special occasion in glamour and experience the revival of Lilianfels 'Old World Charm' as we invite you to peruse and tempt your palette with our new A La Carte Menu.Re-discover why our Multi-Award winning Restaurant excels again in style and service.Blue Mountains Conferences | Blue Mountains MeetingsWith meeting and events space for up to 100 guests complete with state-of-the-art equipment, 85 spacious accommodation rooms to house your delegates, and a fabulous array of fine dining options to choose from, it’s the ideal setting for meetings and conferences which will show your colleagues or clients how much you value them.Blue Mountains WeddingsThis European style country house hotel specialises in smaller weddings and events of up to 100 people. Personalised service, exceptional facilities and thoughtful attention to detail, accompanied by stunning views of the Jamison Valley make the hotel the ideal wedding venue.Blue Mountains Spa | Blue Mountains Beauty TreatmentsLilianfels is also renowned for its Spa. Guests can indulge in an array of soothing spa treatments individually tailored to refresh and rejuvenate. Enliven your senses with our soothing and restorative body and beauty treatments delivered by a team of caring and talented spa professionals.Dining with Spectacular Views at our sister property – Echoes RestaurantDiscover why Echoes Restaurant was awarded best regional restaurant in Australia by AHA in 2012. The combination of fine dining and spectacular views of the Jamison Valley have made Echoes a destination in the Blue Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort And Spa
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Katoomba
- Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains Katoomba