A beautifully luxurious place to stay but a couple of things we noticed that should be addressed to maximise customer satisfaction, especially for a 5 star place.
The outdoor pool didn't have its solar heating turned on (in Spring) and so despite enjoying laying by the pool, it was too cold to go in. Spring in Australia can be quite warm so this didn't make any sense to us! Also, the pool chairs were not as shown in the pictures, with navy cushions - they were only white plastic which were not very comfortable. There were also broken chairs lying around and no towels available there - instead they were located in the indoor pool area (a 3 minute walk away). We could not understand why there was a huge hedge blocking the view of the cliff tops at the pool! Perhaps this was for privacy but we would have much preferred being slightly exposed to the public if it meant that we could see the clifftops. The Lilianfels website states "with views stretching out to the Jamison Valley...warmed to a welcoming 20 degrees celcius".
We thought the resort could be improved with more seating in the sun, as there were some beautiful spots in the sun with no seating or outdoor lounges which seemed like a waste of space. An outdoor spa would also be a fantastic addition, since the indoor men's and women's spa's don't have much of a view.
The $10 charge for ordering room service or even a poolside drink seemed greedy, and didn't create a welcoming feel.
A few minor things we noticed about our room which were disappointing for a 5 star resort - mismatched wine glasses, mismatched, mugs, a broken pen, and toiletries including 2x Shampoos and no Conditioner, and 2x Shower Gels, and no moisturiser. It would have been nice to have pillow options as both of us ended up with sore necks due to the Feather Pillows we slept on.
Overall, it was a memorable experience, but not quite perfect for the price tag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lilianfels Resort and Spa is a renowned haven for relaxation in one of Australia's most beautiful destinations. This multi-award winning hotel & resort is set amidst two acres of manicured gardens, overlooking the most spectacular scenery in the World Heritage Listed Blue Mountains National Park in NSW, Australia.Blue Mountains Accommodation | Blue Mountains HotelLilianfels Resort and Spa is a 5 Star resort with 85 Deluxe rooms and Suites. Onsite recreational facilities include heated indoor and outdoor pool, tennis court, billiard/games room, library and gym. Lilianfels is perfectly located within 5 minutes walk to the iconic 3 sisters rock formation at Echo Point and is close to all major attractions including Scenic World, Leura shopping village and award winning restaurants. Blue Mountains Dining | Blue Mountains RestaurantSituated within the grounds of the historic homestead of Sir Frederick Darley, Lilianfels is home to the multi-award winning Darleys Restaurant which features the best seasonal produce from the region, served in an elegant and romantic setting that is unmistakeably fine dining. Celebrate that special occasion in glamour and experience the revival of Lilianfels 'Old World Charm' as we invite you to peruse and tempt your palette with our new A La Carte Menu.Re-discover why our Multi-Award winning Restaurant excels again in style and service.Blue Mountains Conferences | Blue Mountains MeetingsWith meeting and events space for up to 100 guests complete with state-of-the-art equipment, 85 spacious accommodation rooms to house your delegates, and a fabulous array of fine dining options to choose from, it’s the ideal setting for meetings and conferences which will show your colleagues or clients how much you value them.Blue Mountains WeddingsThis European style country house hotel specialises in smaller weddings and events of up to 100 people. Personalised service, exceptional facilities and thoughtful attention to detail, accompanied by stunning views of the Jamison Valley make the hotel the ideal wedding venue.Blue Mountains Spa | Blue Mountains Beauty TreatmentsLilianfels is also renowned for its Spa. Guests can indulge in an array of soothing spa treatments individually tailored to refresh and rejuvenate. Enliven your senses with our soothing and restorative body and beauty treatments delivered by a team of caring and talented spa professionals.Dining with Spectacular Views at our sister property – Echoes RestaurantDiscover why Echoes Restaurant was awarded best regional restaurant in Australia by AHA in 2012. The combination of fine dining and spectacular views of the Jamison Valley have made Echoes a destination in the Blue Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort And Spa
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Katoomba
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort & Spa Katoomba