“Well established successful hotel very well located”

Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Katoomba
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is a pleasant journey out of Sydney into the Blue Mountains and is very well located close to ECHO point and outstanding views across the Blue Mountains. Staff was helpful. Valet parking is extra but useful as they are on a confined site. Our room was adequate. The hotel has an indoor and outside pool. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. There is an onsite restaurant but it was not open on the Sunday night we were there. It is very well reviewed but seems very expensive.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ralf B, General Manager at Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

It’s great to read that you liked the Hotel and our facilities. Yes, Darleys is closed on Sundays and Mondays, but we have Echoes across the road and Lilianfels lounge if you like to stay within the resort.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a romantic long weekend up at Lilianfels without the kids.

The property is excellent, rooms fine, and bed so comfy we spent most of our time there ;

For mine the only downside was perceived value - it is expensive to stay there. We didn't bother with the breakfast (went into town instead) and tried the Devonshire Tea one afternoon and it felt like they were skimping. Not major issues, but when you are paying over $400 a night we expected the opulence to extend the whole way.

Overall we had a good time, and would consider going back if we could snag a deal.

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

It’s great to read that you liked the Hotel and our service. I am sorry to hear that you felt it to be pricey. All our prices are in line with other five star Hotels, and need to be at this level to provide the service.

Have a fantastic week, and I am looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great location but very mixed levels of service, some staff had their finger on the pulse and were only too happy to help, others you felt had no clue. For example we had difficulties with a dinner reservation but amazing service reserving a car spot. Trying to spend Saturday evening in front of the fire with a pre dinner glass of wine was a nightmare as there was a function on, non-hotel guests flooded the living room and noisily took over the whole space. This made it hard to get service, hard to hear my husband chat and no access to the cozy fire as function guests crowded around both open fires. Certainly not relaxing. This happened on my last visit as well, but a smaller group and slightly less invasive.

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was dampened by the functions group on both visits. Most of the times it’s a wedding having some drinks before they move into their functions room for the dinner.

I hope you will accept my apologies, and I am looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This place is so lovely in winter, the fireplace cracking while you sit and read the morning paper. Sipping on your first coffee.. The rooms are very nice indeed, it feels like you have been sent back in time, there are a few things that should be replaced, but this gives the feel and it has the modern necessaries. The back drop is breath taking.. Waking up in the morning and seeing the fog clear over our trees! it is something that you cannot replica back in the city.
You are only a 5 to 10 min drive away from the local shops, cafe's etc or another 15mins to the trendy Leura shopping strip... Wonderful cafe's and Deli's there as well to stop for lunch.
The staff are very nice and accommodating and the SPA is wonderful.
We visit here every year for a weekend retreat..

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

It’s fantastic to read your comments, and I agree “this is nothing you can experience or copy in the City” it the surroundings and the team makes this place magic.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

If my fellow travellers are looking for a place to completely unwind Lilianfels is it.
If they appreciate a unique and extremely high standard of customer service they will find it here.
Friendly, helpful, respectfu,l nothing is beyond the staff making your stay truly relaxing and memorable. "certainly Ms Sharratt" is a phrase I heard always.
If they seek award winning cuisine, a world class chef, and impeccable service they need look no further.
If they want to be in a tourist destination for the entire world, steeped in history, natural beauty and surrounded by understated luxury Lilianfels is it.
The spa is also a unique experience the therapists are both skilled and welcoming.
Escaping the stress and obligations of this century is difficult unless you choose this location.
From the moment I arrived it was like being welcomed into a grand country home as guest of the Darly family which I think is a fitting tribute to a great Australian family and the people who manage to maintain the hospitality at such a high level that you feel like if not the only then the most special guest.
On the day I had to leave I spoke to Adrian one of the staff at breakfast about how I should leave before I became too accustomed to this level of pampering. He simply replied "Liberace once said, too much of a good thing was an amazing thing".
I have been lucky enough to stay in some of the world's best rated hotels. Lilianfels is worth every penny.
I hope to return there soon and often !!!

Room Tip: Don't worry if you can't secure a valley view room, my room overlooked the car park but was...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

I love you review, and can’t add anything else than: Thank you from the whole team, it makes the hard work worthwhile.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

From booking to checking out all the staff were very helpful, polite and cheerful.
The room, dining and health club were great.
I needed to call several time to add dining and change bits and pieces and the girl at the reservation was extremely helpful and patient. I also wanted to book spa sessions only few days in advance for the weekend which they were quite booked out but Melanie was very helpful and accommodating trying to fit me in.
we dined at Darleys and we do quite a bit of fine dining and this place is now at the top of my list the food is fantastic the waiters and staff were great and it has a very nice decor and atmosphere to it, will be going back there again soon.
We also dined at Echeos, it’s quite small and not much décor, and no view at night! the food was good but not as great as Darleys but the staff were equally nice.
I had a facial with Rika as my therapist she was very thorough working out what my skin needs and explaining everything and taking her time.
Also had a volcanic stone Therapy with Marianna, she was great identifying my stressed muscles and working on them, I walked out extremely relaxed.
We had high tea in the lounge, which was nice but all the tables were around the edge under the air-conditioning which was uncomfortable and we were seated right behind the piano, so we were unable to talk until the piano player stopped and we had to move our chair out away from the aircon.
We booked the valley view room, the room itself was great, clean, modern, large bathroom and large room, but we were on the 1st floor so all we could see was the road and the trees at the side of the road blocked the valley view, so paid for the view but didn't get it! will need to specify floor level if you after a view.
Will be going back and we highly recommend it for a relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: If you after a valley view, request to be on the 2nd floor, book spa therapy/package well in advance...

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.

It’s great to read that you had such a great time, and by the look of it you tried all of our facilities. I will have a good look at the Aircon in the lounge to see if this can be adjusted.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The location is fabulous. the room was good and the bed glorious. Being woken early on Sunday morning by housekeeping shouting loudly whilst cleaning the next room was very disappointing. There were quite a few cracked tiles in the bathroom which I don't expect in a hotel of this caliber. Also I expected premium bar prices but $18 for a small glass of wine was a bit steep (especially when I then saw the barman empty the same amount of wine down the sink!). When we checked in we were told we were in a quiet part of the hotel but we could hear children squealing in the pool all day.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Resort and Spa.
As you mentioned we are located in the most stunning location.

I am disappointed that you had issues with Housekeeping and some maintenance issues in the bathroom.

I would like to investigate your issues further, and therefor ask you to email me directly on gm@lilianfels.com.au

I hope you will accept my apologies, and I can welcome you back soon.

Group General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Katoomba
The Carrington Hotel
Mountain Heritage
Mountain Heritage
#5 of 15 in Katoomba
Palais Royale Boutique Hotel

Been to Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains? Share your experiences!