Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains
$124
The Carrington Hotel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$204
$89
Agoda.com
3 Explorers Motel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$87
$84
Sky Rider Motor Inn(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$69
  • Bar/Lounge
$252
$242
Agoda.com
3 Sisters Motel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$75
$69
$67
$62
Agoda.com
Katoomba Town Centre(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$86
$83
Travelocity
Blue Mountains Heritage Motel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
$82
$80
Hotwire.com
1,726 results
All reviewshigh teaindoor pooldarleys restaurantthree sistersblue mountainsvalley view roomecho pointlounge areasconesfive star hotelreading roomechoes restaurantbilliard roomsister hotelold world charmmid weekshort stroll
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We visited Lilianfels earlier in the year and were somewhat disappointed by numbers of issues. My wife was keen to give them another try though I must confess I wasn't as keen. Nevertheless we visited last weekend and were pleasantly surprised. This time round there were numbers of improvements. We had no issues with poor service at the front desk or the lounge. I would be good for the front desk staff to smile a it more but they were efficient. Our room on this occasion had a much better outlook (last time we were looking over the car park and listening to constant conversations). The bed was better (I was told that they are replacing the bulk of the beds) and the breakfast had improved with a do it yourself orange squeezer and coffee pod machine. The coffee in the lounge was still not great and expensive for the quality but minor complaints in the overall scheme of things. Well worth a vist.

Room Tip: Ask to avoid the carpark view rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank philidoc
Ralf B, General Manager at Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort and Spa.

I great to read, that you enjoyed you second stay with us, we are constantly looking to improve our operation. We are proud to the Team and the great Hotel, and I hope you will stay with us again, on your next stay to the Blue Mountains.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have stayed several times previously and love the classic style of the hotel. I agree it may be looking a little dated but feel overall the style suits the period charm of Lilianfels. We dined at Darleys as part of a large group and could not fault the standard of food or service there. Our bed was extremely comfortable and the room was clean and well presented. The only reason for taking off 1 star was due to our issues at breakfast. Arriving at 9.30 the breakfast room was very busy and quite a few tables had just been vacated. The attendant took our room number and asked if we could wait while tables were cleared. We waited patiently near the door for about 10 minutes and were chatting to friends when we noticed other couples were going in and being seated so we queried why we were still waiting and said we needed to leave around 10.00. We were told they thought everyone had been found tables but we were standing within 1 meter of the entrance and were still waiting - not a good start. Previously there was a la carte but now just a buffet, which would have been fine but of the dishes that should have held mushrooms, tomatoes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages and potatoes - only the potato and sausage dishes held any food. Within the 20 minutes that we were there some bacon arrived and apparently you could order eggs cooked other ways but as we had been delayed getting a table and had limited time left we decided not to chance it. There was a continual queue around the serving area while people waited for more food to arrive but in the time we were there apart from some bacon no other food was re-stocked. I realise that it had been busy bit surely its possible to gauge how much food will be needed by the number of guests staying and re-stock the dishes within a reasonable time. I ended up with a small croissant and coffee and when I went back for a Danish they were all gone too! For a reasonably expensive hotel the amount of food actually available for breakfast was meagre.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I sorry for your breakfast experience and I hope you will accept my apologies. Of course we should know how many people we have coming in, and rest assured we are working with the Chef and Supervisor to find out what went wrong.

I hope you will stay with us again, on your next stay in the Blue Mountains.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I must admit that after reading some of the negative reviews that I was apprehensive about my decision to stay for 3 nights. I decided to book due to the location being walking distance to Three Sisters to see them lit up late at night and for early sunrise. I couldn't have been more happy staying at this lovely, quaint and historic hotel which oozes old style glamour and charm. We had a quick check-in and the room was clean, specious and decorated in old-style wall paper. I liked the soft bed, the range of magazines provided and the French teas from the mini bar. The hotel grounds are surrounded by beautiful gardens and trees, an outdoor pool and Darley's Restaurant with backdrop views of the mountains. Inside we made use of the indoor pool, the common lounge area with open log fires and also walked nearby for dinner at Darley's and breakfast at Echoes. There are also lovely outdoor tables and chairs to sit at and enjoy during warmer weather and inside there is a reading room and a billiard room. There isn't dedicated parking for guests which can be a hassle if you can't find spots on the hotel grounds and have to park on the streets, however we didn't have any issues with this. I recommend staying here for a unique historic experience, knowing that this property, over a 100 hundred years ago, was the family holiday retreat for Sir Darley, the 6th Chief Justice of New South Wales.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

I fantastic to read about your experience and I am looking forward to welcome you back to Lilianfels soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Blue Mountains is truly a wonderful part of the world and a place that all Sydney tourists should visit. However, I always struggle to find good accommodation, Lilianfels stands out for its location, grounds, spa service but it comes with a price.
I have stayed here previously but this time I chose to come alone for a Sunday getaway.
It was Mother's Day and the place was very busy, with what seemed like a lot of children running around corridors. I circled the block three times before finally getting a park. I phoned early in the morning to request an early check in but was told to phone back later. I arrived at 2.30 and was happy to be told my room was ready. After a 2 hour drive and a 3.5 hour walk, I was happy to get into my room. I was on the 2nd floor under the roof, room 221 with a smaller window, dark, resembled a dolls house. Only just put my bag down and someone was at the door wanting to restock the mini bar. Ok!
The decor is old style but agree with other reviewers, all looking a bit tired and needing a spruce up. My bed was very comfortable, the bathroom huge, lovely toiletries and I was happy with my basic order of dinner room service.
To be picky, I had a facecloth though laundered was covered with ingrained black mascara marks, the stairs to the spa from the 2nd floor need a good sweep and a scrub. The spa was lovely but the price is outrageous, my masseur was very good and I was treating myself but the price is hard to justify. I wasn't told about the sauna or jacuzzi by any member of the spa.
Due to the time of my appointment at the spa, I did organise with reception to extend my check out to noon and was happy they obliged. My stay served its purpose and as I got a good deal off booking.com I enjoyed my stay. However, I wouldn't have been happy if I had to pay the normal Lilianfels rates.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

I am disappointed and surprised that your face-washer was not clean, as this is a very rare problem. I hope you will accept my apologies, and I will be able to welcome you back shortly.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was going to give the hotel 4, but every day was something else that bothered me, especially considering how pricey it is. This hotel clearly has been something special. It thinks it still is, but unfortunately, with that advertising and that price, it falls short of the mark.

Good things first - the location is really very good. Katoomba is the biggest town in the Blue Mountains and its location is great for nearby tourist attractions.Its attached restaurant - Darley's - is really wonderful, a great fine dining experience. The old-world charm is quaint and unlike a lot of places in Australia.

Unfortunately, there were a number of detractors. It seems as though the hotel is well in need of a revamp, with some of the upholstery and furnishings looking very tired. Our room wasn't overly clean, the bathroom still had hair in the shower and sink. A minor thing I know, but at a 4-star hotel, some things should just happen. The food served in the lounge and Orangery is very overpriced, with $30+ for a pretty standard cafe-style main dish. The breakfast buffet is pretty similar (but this common to hotels the world over!). The car park is perpetually full with non-hotel guests coming for high-tea in the lounge or the restaurants and when you as a hotel guest can't find anywhere to park, you are told to park on the street (ticketed parking, 5 minutes walk, if you can get a spot) or pay $15 for valet. This just seems like profiteering. When checking out, they tried to add on a $35.00 mini-bar charge when we hadn't even used the mini-bar.

I wouldn't stay here again, purely because it is far too expensive for what it is. Stay somewhere else and less full of itself and visit Darley's for dinner.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else and visit the restaurant.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed you dining experience in Darley’s, but would like to find out more re your issues raised in with the Guestroom.

Rest assured we take your comments seriously, to constantly improve.

I would appreciate if you would be able to email me with more detail. My details are gm@lilianfels.com.au

I am looking forward to hear from you.