“Lovely Hotel in excellent Location”

Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Katoomba
Glasgow
“Lovely Hotel in excellent Location”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here for one overnight in February on a visit to the Blue Mountains from Sydney and very much enjoyed the ambience of the hotel albeit for only one overnight Our spacious room overlooking the Blue Mountains was attractive & very well appointed [tea/coffeemaker/fridge/minibar/safe at no extra cost]. We swam in the heated indoor pool but did not manage to take advantage of the spa treatments. We ate in the bistro beside the foyer/lounge for dinner and found the food and service very good .Breakfast taken in the breakfast room had a varied selection of hot /cold food etc. The lounge itself was large and very comfortable with newspapers & magazines readily available and the reception staff were very polite and helpful.
One small criticism-charging fee for using credit card to pay bill!

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking Blue Mountains.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ralf B, General Manager at Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort and Spa on Tripadvisor.com

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves with exceptional service in a spectacular Mountain setting.

I hope I will see you again soon on your next visit to the Blue Mountains.

Group General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My partner and I stayed in February for a mid week get away (2 nights) for our anniversary. Our Stay was amazing the room was so cozy and had a real home like feel to it. The bed was to die for “like sleeping on a cloud”. I highly recommend a couples massage in the SPA. I have not been as relaxed as I was in years.

The staff and the service that was given was 10/10. Upon checking they made me feel like a VIP (Sue) was astonishing she knew everything that I would ever need to know she made our anniversary and stay incredible as well (Penelope) at the front desk help us out with everything we needed, Many thanks to them.

We had breakfast both mornings in the restaurant which was amazing. If anything I would recommend the home style cooked buffet, but more so to meet (JUDI) who made my morning both days. She one of the kindliest & caring person I have ever been served by, even 2 weeks later she still now puts a smile on my face.

Could not recommend this hotel more, with breathtaking views, cute cozy rooms and the best service I have ever received in a hotel ever.

I will be back 100% so will all my friends and parents for their 30th wedding anniversary.

Thank you so much.

Room Tip: Pay the Extra for the Vally View worth every cent.
Dear Valued Guest,

Its fantastic to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I am sure my team is delighted to be mentioned for their great service provided.

I am looking forward to welcome you again on your next visit to the Blue Mountains.

Sydney
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Wow 5 star service all the way and you can take your dog. A must to stay if you are in the blue mountains.

It's expensive but if you want class and luxury this is the place to stay.

Also a must is the high tea. Wow beautifully presented

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank holidayhappiness76
Ralf B, General Manager at Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at Lilianfels, Blue Mountains Resort and Spa on Tripadvisor.com

We pride ourselves on luxury at its best here at Lilianfels, Blue Mountains Resort and Spa and I am sure that your next stay with us will be as great as the last.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We used to go here every year for a 'long weekend away' -- but sadly it no longer feels like a luxury hotel. Changes we noted on our last stay include:
- No turn down service in the evening
- No complimentary water in the room (this was delivered when the turn down occurred)
- No answer when dialling housekeeping – the call goes to the front desk
- A concierge desk that was not ‘manned’ – we made our requests at the front desk
- Front desk staff checking in guests, answering the phone whilst checking in guests and performing concierge and housekeeping request duties, means that guests standing at the front desk are left standing around. This practice created a line at the front desk -- and the staff did not seem to value the person who is standing in front of them when the phone rings -- but who can blame them when they are expected to be all things to everyone?
- Daily charge for valet parking(!)
- Ala Carte breakfast menu is 'eggs only'
- No salted snacks with drinks in the lounge
In addition to the changes (that staff told us were done to decrease costs to the hotel), the room we were in (155) was in need of a good cleaning – cobwebs in the corners of the room, serious mould in the shower, and the ’air freshener’ sprayed around the room is just tacky. The room was not vacuumed at anytime during our 4-day stay and it's all looking a bit tired.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JohnnJayne_00
Dear valued Guest,

I am disappointed to read that we could not deliver your expectation, and I would like to discuss your concerns in more detail.

I am proud of our product, and the service we deliver. I am very surprised about some things you mentioned.

Please contact me directly on gm@lilianfels.com.au, and I am sure we can win you back as a guest of our resort.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have just returned from a one night stay (Saturday) and had a really wonderful time!

The staff at check-in were very friendly, helpful and relaxed.
Our room was cosy and very comfortable - the bed was lovely. We had a room with a view but unfortunately the weather was so bad we couldn't really see anything at all. The advantage of the bad weather was that we didn't feel obligated to go out, so spent the entire time in the hotel. We wanted to have a spa treatment but it was booked out (will think to book ahead next time!), so we had high tea in the lounge instead. The lounge is inviting and relaxing, the piano player is a really nice touch adding to the ambiance. It's a bit of a shame the fireplaces weren't going but I assume maybe they are in winter (it was a very wintery day though - 10C outside!)

The billiards room looked great, and there is a nice quiet reading room too.

We had dinner at Darleys and it was fantastic!!!!!!!!!
The space is beautiful, food and service to match. Definitely the nicest restaurant I've been to in the Blue Mountains.

After dinner we played board games in the lounge again. It was a bit quieter this time than the afternoon, and there was a wedding going on in another room so there were a couple of times we wanted a drink but couldn't find anyone to order from... but we didn't have to wait too long. Probably a good thing as it kept us from drinking too much :)

We had a wonderful night's sleep and managed to get up in time for breakfast :) Breakfast was good, not spectacular but good. It was quite busy and a few things had run out and the staff seemed a little stressed, but they were on top of things and still attentive and friendly.

I'd love to come back again in summer as the pool looked great and I can imagine the lounge with the doors opened up and sitting outside would also be very nice.

I had a very stressful week last week and this short break at Lilianfels was exactly what I needed. I'm feeling refreshed and ready to battle another big week at work. Thank you Lilianfels!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued Guest,

It great to read that you had a good time, and you are planning to come back in summer. I suggest you come back in winter to see the fireplace going, and get the total winter atmosphere of the Blue Mountains at its best.

We at Lilianfels are proud of the fantastic location and facilities and hope to welcome you back soon.

Howden, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

we had gone to oz to see our daughter,but decided to go to blue mountains for valentines day.We were only up there overnight and if,no i will re phrase that when we go back,we will need about 5 days.The 3 sisters rocks were awsome and the history behind this very interesting.The hotel was lovely and this also has a history.Could not fault anything about this place .The people very very friendly.This goes down as one of my favourite places.Whoever goes there will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ralf B, General Manager at Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort and Spa on Tripadvisor.com

It’s with pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you had a pleasant experience at our Lounge restaurant as well

We are proud to provide an exceptional experience, in a fantastic mountain setting, and will look forward to welcome you back to Lilianfels soon.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hotel decor very colonial in style rather than modern but immaculate & big comfy beds in rooms. No free wifi but 2 PCs in reception so you can pick up e-mails. Excellent breakfasts and pool is lovely. We had bit of an issue with only 1 couple in our party being upgraded which was irritating but complimentary fizz was very nice & luckily we were stopping for only one night! Very good location to 3 sisters

1 Thank Christina M
Ralf B, General Manager at Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially as you mentioned the breakfast and the pool. We pride ourselves with exceptional service in a spectacular Mountain setting

We try to upgrade guests if rooms are available, but this is not always possible. I hope I will see you again soon on your next visit to the Blue Mountains.

Group General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Katoomba
The Carrington Hotel
Mountain Heritage
Mountain Heritage
#5 of 15 in Katoomba
Palais Royale Blue Mountains

Been to Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains? Share your experiences!