We used to go here every year for a 'long weekend away' -- but sadly it no longer feels like a luxury hotel. Changes we noted on our last stay include:
- No turn down service in the evening
- No complimentary water in the room (this was delivered when the turn down occurred)
- No answer when dialling housekeeping – the call goes to the front desk
- A concierge desk that was not ‘manned’ – we made our requests at the front desk
- Front desk staff checking in guests, answering the phone whilst checking in guests and performing concierge and housekeeping request duties, means that guests standing at the front desk are left standing around. This practice created a line at the front desk -- and the staff did not seem to value the person who is standing in front of them when the phone rings -- but who can blame them when they are expected to be all things to everyone?
- Daily charge for valet parking(!)
- Ala Carte breakfast menu is 'eggs only'
- No salted snacks with drinks in the lounge
In addition to the changes (that staff told us were done to decrease costs to the hotel), the room we were in (155) was in need of a good cleaning – cobwebs in the corners of the room, serious mould in the shower, and the ’air freshener’ sprayed around the room is just tacky. The room was not vacuumed at anytime during our 4-day stay and it's all looking a bit tired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the world famous World Heritage listed Blue Mountains and enjoy luxury resort accommodation at Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort and Spa. Just 90 minutes’ drive from Sydney CBD, Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort & Spais a renowned haven for relaxation and a delight for gourmets in one of Australia’s most beautiful destinations, picturesque Jamison Valleys and escarpments, abundant wildlife and a scenic attractions right at your doorstep. Whether you are planning a romantic getaway, a weekend with the girls or your mates, or a fun-filled family holiday, our luxury Blue Mountains hotel offers something for everyone. Enjoy renowned local wines and produce at our fine dining multi-award winning restaurants and bars. With a range of onsite function rooms, a spectacular backdrop and a relaxing atmosphere, our Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort and Spas the ideal venue for weddings, corporate events and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort And Spa
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Katoomba
- Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains Katoomba