We spent 3 nights at this lovely resort in the Blue Mtns. in early October.
We were pleasantly greeted upon arrival and received good service from staff with luggage and a short tour of the hotel and room etc. Few if any complaints with the service offered from the majority of the staff. Just a few younger members were lacking in terms of training etc.
The room was very comfortable, nicely appointed and well maintained. We had opted for a deluxe view room. The entire property was attractive inside and out. The spacious lounge area was inviting and I enjoyed afternoon tea and scones shortly after our check-in. We also spent time in the evenings there where we usually chose to have dessert and coffee etc.
We went for a short stroll that first afternoon and walked down some steps to a lookout point for the blue mountains. It's location is so convenient to the various trails and the nearby Sky ride. The hotel made a good base from which to explore the area which we enjoyed very much. Drove one day to the Jenolan Caves which was a relatively short drive of a little over an hr.
The breakfasts served in Tre Sorelle were good however the one evening meal we had there was a bitter disappointment and overly expensive for the quality of the food we were served that evening. Our waiter was attentive to the situation and after speaking to management we were offered dessert and coffee in compensation.
Our dinner at their other formal restaurant was the complete opposite though as the food was very good along with the service etc. We felt we received good value for the price. It was an enjoyable evening.
Overall a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lilianfels Resort and Spa is a renowned haven for relaxation in one of Australia's most beautiful destinations. This multi-award winning hotel & resort is set amidst two acres of manicured gardens, overlooking the most spectacular scenery in the World Heritage Listed Blue Mountains National Park in NSW, Australia.Blue Mountains Accommodation | Blue Mountains HotelLilianfels Resort and Spa is a 5 Star resort with 85 Deluxe rooms and Suites. Onsite recreational facilities include heated indoor and outdoor pool, tennis court, billiard/games room, library and gym. Lilianfels is perfectly located within 5 minutes walk to the iconic 3 sisters rock formation at Echo Point and is close to all major attractions including Scenic World, Leura shopping village and award winning restaurants. Blue Mountains Dining | Blue Mountains RestaurantSituated within the grounds of the historic homestead of Sir Frederick Darley, Lilianfels is home to the multi-award winning Darleys Restaurant which features the best seasonal produce from the region, served in an elegant and romantic setting that is unmistakeably fine dining. Celebrate that special occasion in glamour and experience the revival of Lilianfels 'Old World Charm' as we invite you to peruse and tempt your palette with our new A La Carte Menu.Re-discover why our Multi-Award winning Restaurant excels again in style and service.Blue Mountains Conferences | Blue Mountains MeetingsWith meeting and events space for up to 100 guests complete with state-of-the-art equipment, 85 spacious accommodation rooms to house your delegates, and a fabulous array of fine dining options to choose from, it’s the ideal setting for meetings and conferences which will show your colleagues or clients how much you value them.Blue Mountains WeddingsThis European style country house hotel specialises in smaller weddings and events of up to 100 people. Personalised service, exceptional facilities and thoughtful attention to detail, accompanied by stunning views of the Jamison Valley make the hotel the ideal wedding venue.Blue Mountains Spa | Blue Mountains Beauty TreatmentsLilianfels is also renowned for its Spa. Guests can indulge in an array of soothing spa treatments individually tailored to refresh and rejuvenate. Enliven your senses with our soothing and restorative body and beauty treatments delivered by a team of caring and talented spa professionals.Dining with Spectacular Views at our sister property – Echoes RestaurantDiscover why Echoes Restaurant was awarded best regional restaurant in Australia by AHA in 2012. The combination of fine dining and spectacular views of the Jamison Valley have made Echoes a destination in the Blue Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Hotel Katoomba
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort And Spa
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Katoomba
- Lilianfels Blue Mountains Resort & Spa Katoomba