“Brilliant and special”
Review of In My View

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Katoomba
In My View
Ranked #5 of 19 Katoomba B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Brilliant and special”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

What a view!! We found this by accident when searching for a place to stay to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We are so glad we did. Beautiful room full of special little touches from our host. Lots of local information from David was very helpful when planning our time. The spa was wonderful after our big bushwalk and the place was quiet and perfect to unwind. Highly recommend if your looking for an easy relaxing getaway in the blue mountains.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
We are so glad you did find us and that we were able to offer a venue suitable to celebrate a most significant occasion in your lives. It was a pleasure having you but don't leave it another ten years to return

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Katoomba was our last stop on our short visit to NSW, we had been to the beaches in Jarvis Bay, spent time in the city and finished our trip with a stay in the mountains.

David has been a brilliant host from my initial enquiry to when we left. We didn't hire a car and were planning on using public transport whilst in the mountains which was great, but I think a car would ....

We arrived by taxi from the train station and were greeted by one of the friendliest chaps I had met on ours Oz travels; David. He was fab explained everything clearly to us, like where we should visit, where to go and eat etc. He also explained about the cicadas which had just emerged and were all over the place !

The room was lovely, really bright and airy with a small kitchenette including a microwave, toaster and a fridge which had milk and water in.

I would highly recommend this place, and also recommend having a car for your stay in the mountains as we only got to see a limited number of places.

Thanks David :)

InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you Gemma and Andy for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased that I could in some small way make your visit enjoyable. Having people like you staying makes my job not only easy but rewarding
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Fantastic location and great accommodation greeted us as we arrived in the dark one windy night in September.

Who knew what an amazing sight was to be found straight outside the window when we woke our first morning.

Lovely, friendly greeting from Decalie and just a fantastic place to stay.

Highly recommended :o)

Room Tip: There are only 2, so it doesn't matter which one you get!
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your review and that you Included In My View as part of your visit to NSW.
So glad you enjoyed the view the morning after the awful weather at check in. Hope to see you both again sometime soon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We only spent one night at in my view and had a great time. Wish we could of stayed another. It is the perfect base to spend a few nights at the Blue Mountains. Quiet, close too all the major sights and great hospitality.

David, although suffering from a broken arm, was a great host and could recommend all the local sights and walks. Wish we had time for more

Already looking to return! : )

Room Tip: Only 2 rooms and both are good
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We very much enjoyed having you stay with us if only for the one night. Hosting people such as yourselves is a pleasure.Glad you had a good time and please come again
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were welcomed with a warm smile and the hosts got us settled in and gave us a quick run down of what was still open on a Sunday night. Places to check out the next couple of days. They made sure that we were aware of all the points of interest and spots to check out. The area was quiet with a view of the blue mountains on the front porch. The kitchen was well equipped with all that you will need to enjoy the view and the scenery. The host was so lovely that even when i complained about sore muscles from running the Sydney Running Festival they gave me some Epsom Salt for the bath. That definitely made me feel warm and fuzzy.

InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for kind comments and that we could make you feel little more comfortable especially after all that physical exertion earlier in the day. It is a pleasure to host people like you and we look forward to seeing you again
Sydney
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Wow, what a spot!

Amazing views with immaculate rooms and friendly service. This purpose built B&B made out anniversary extra special.

A big thanks to David for the advice on local cuisine and walks to do.

• Stayed September 2013
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We really appreciate that you chose In My View to celebrate your anniversary and that it achieved your expectations. It was a pleasure to have you and we look forward to greeting you again
singapore
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This place has it all - the room is spacious, new and clean, comfy king-sized bed, and the most well-equipped bathroom my wife and I have ever encountered. From the quality sheets and towels (and even the tissues and toilet paper!) right down to the quality of toiletries provided, the hosts didn't scrimp on a single bit of detail - it really goes to show how much thought they have put into planning this property.

The location is very peaceful and view is fantastic - we arrived in the dark, and were pleasantly surprised the next morning when we stepped out onto the patio. As long as you have a car, it is pretty much convenient to go to the major tourist sights in the area.

David was also very warm and helpful, the perfect host!

A couple of things to note:
1) Please try to arrive before dark if you are not familiar with the area. Perhaps coming from a city nation, we were very unused to the pitch darkness, and then our GPS decided to bring us gallivanting which was not a very pleasant experience in the dark! (no fault of the hosts though. David had given us advice on how best to set our GPS but unfortunately it failed us. :( )

2) Thought the parking space was a little small for two vehicles, but really, that is just nitpicking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank swakooo
InMyView374, Owner at In My View, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your considered and insightful review. your comments and observations are greatly appreciated and certainly taken on board. Particularly the matters related to the car park which it is envisaged will be solved with some adjustments to the landscaping . Again thank you and we would love to welcome you back