“Heavenly!”
Review of In My View

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Katoomba
In My View
Ranked #6 of 19 Katoomba B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Heavenly!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I found In My View online, having never travelled to the Blue Mountains before. The quality of accommodation was consistent with the photos and even better in person with everything carefully thought of including the little details. The view from my room swept me off my feet, the location was perfect - quiet and convenient to the town and bushwalks - and I was wonderfully surprised by warm and inviting generosity of the hosts David & Decalie. I will be travelling up to the Blue Mountains each year now and In My View will be the only place I'll be staying. I loved every second!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Thanks David for a great get away for my partner and I over a weekend in March. Beautiful surroundings, beautiful furnishings, peaceful, serene, quiet .. just what we wanted. The bonus of the whole thing was the price ... fantastic value - again, just what we needed on a tight budget and again, thank you .... we will be back !!!!

Mackay, Australia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. Had a lovely view across the road and was in a good place to base ourselves to explore the Blue Mountains. You would definitely be best to have your own car to stay here though, as you would have to walk quite a distance to get to places. David the owner was very friendly and welcoming and we felt very comfortable during our stay. Probably the only thing that I could see that may be an issue for some is stepping in and out of the jacuzzi that the shower was suspended over. I am not the most athletic person, and did find it a little difficult at times. Hot water is provided by gas, and sometimes it was a little hard to get just right initially. Overall though we would recommend it to couples that want an upmarket motel style unit with jacuzzi and kitchenette, in a quiet location with a great view. The number of stars in the sky at night you could see were amazing and it was just so quiet at night too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Last weekend was our second stay at In my View and it more than lived up to the wonderful memory that we had. We received a welcome back from David that made us feel like family, his relaxed, friendly manner making us feel at home from the moment we walked in. That said, once the check-in was done, we were left alone, with the separate guest parking and entrance to the 2 suites giving lots of privacy. The suite was immaculate, the bed amazingly comfortable and the huge spa bath a dream - particularly after 7 hours spent running through the mountains.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to do so, but the idea of sitting on the porch with a glass of wine looking at the amazing sunset over the mountains is something we hope to enjoy next time.

We often have difficulty in finding accommodation that matches the quality of what we are fortunate to enjoy at home. We believe that the level of the accommodation and the attention to detail at In my View far surpasses anything else that we have tried in Katoomba.

1 Thank smalltoad
Chinchilla, Australia
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here last week and can thoroughly recommend this property. Very peaceful with a wonderful outlook. The standard of accommodation is very good, extremely clean and well thought out. Never been to the Blue Mountains before so choosing accommodation was a challenge, with so much on offer. But for couples who want some space, peace and views, this is the right place. David, the owner, extremely helpful and very pleasant to deal with.

Cronulla
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We are here in Australia from the US for two months. We came up from our "home base" in Cronulla and spent three nighst at the View. Wonderful! Nicely done, immaculately clean, good location, congenial owners. All that and a view that will make you wish it was yours!

PS How lucky you are in Australia to have (among many things) the beautiful Blue Mountains.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
hampshire
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed for two nights as part of a six week holiday in Australia. The accommodation is a really high standard, the location above Katoomba on a ridge looking West is great and David was very welcoming without being intrusive. Several walks and local attractions are nearby and walkable but you need a car if you want to go into Katoomba. We were two couples so had both rooms and the only thing we missed compared to similar accommodation we stayed in was a lounge in the evenings. We'd certainly recommend In My View and would stay there again if we went back to the Blue Mountains.

Room Tip: Two rooms available, both the same size and high standard. The only difference is the colour scheme.