“Lacking.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Under new management
Reviewed March 28, 2012

There was a very limited selection. The pasta dish was not up to standard and the garlic bread not warm. The staff, however, we're very friendly.

1  Thank alanderson1987

Reviewed March 26, 2012

The restaurant is small but looks cheerful with red checked tablecloths.

The greeting is warm and genuine, the menu satisfyingly concise, one can be confident that the kitchen is not being over stretched.

The food? Superb! My spaghetti Bolognese was as the Italians make it, flavoursome beef in a light tomato sauce with al dente pasta. Anti pasta and mains were both generous so we didn't have room for dessert but they looked really delicious.

As we were about to leave mama emerged from the kitchen and we were able to thank her and her son for a very pleasant evening.

1  Thank fenflyer
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We were relieved to be able to get a booking for dinner for six people on a Friday night - an almost impossible feat in Katoomba these days as no restaurant seems to want to take a booking for a group of people after 7pm.

A very frustrating situation but the gentleman who took the booking was happy to have the business and we were happy to give it to him!

The six of us ordered three entrees and shared amongst ourselves. A seven cheese (yes, 7) pizza, olives accompanied with bread and a garlic bread. Everyone was very impressed with their choices, the pizza being especially fantastic.

Our mains were ok, not exactly what I was expecting. It was tasty but everyone was a little disappointed with their choices. I had the chicken and because of the way I read the menu I was expecting a whole chicken breast instead of what came out, which was bits of cut up chicken served in a soupy type of, well soup. Our friends ordered the triple bypass pizza and while I am a great lover of meat lover pizzas, it turns out that 9 meats is about 3 meats too many.

We decided against dessert as we felt they were a bit pricey for what they are, despite the fact they were home made by 'mama' who I think does all the cooking. The waiter/owner seemed to have trouble understanding that we weren't interested in dessert and wouldn't take no for an answer until one of our friends ordered an Affogato with a shot of Frangelico.

The winelist was ok, except they ran out of the only Sauvignon Blanc on the menu after we had one bottle which was a bit disappointing, especially when the next bottle up was a Chardonnay, which none of us really drink. He did give us that more expensive bottle for the price of the Sauvignon Blanc but we didn't really enjoy it.

He did come out at the end of the meal with the bottle of Frangelico and six shot glasses and he shouted us all a shot, which was a nice touch.

All in all the six of us paid $50 each for 2 courses and 2 bottles of wine and the previously mentioned Affogato. I can't say we'll be rushing back in a hurry except for possibly the best cheese pizza I've ever had.

I'd recommend you try for yourself.

1  Thank Lincavitch
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This quaint little Italian restaurant is amazing went here for dinner for our 2 year wedding anniversary and the good was authentic and cooked to perfection. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Adam M
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Excellent food, not cheap but nice atmosphere and would recommend.

2  Thank ZodiacHalifax