“Guys are terrible at info centre.”

Blue Mountains Explorer Bus
Book In Advance
More Info
$33.86*
and up
Blue Mountains Hop-on Hop-off Tour with Optional Scenic World Rides and Waradah...
Ranked #2 of 11 Tours in Katoomba
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore the Blue Mountains - Your Way! The Blue Mountains Explorer Bus is the ultimate hop-on hop-off bus tour of the Blue Mountains. With 29 brilliantly located stops across Katoomba and Leura, we give you the freedom to explore this spectacular World Heritage wilderness on Sydney's doorstep - all at your own pace. The Explorer Bus is more flexible than a day tour, cheaper and less stressful than renting a car, and much more fun than trying to cover all the sights on foot. Our great-value passes give you unlimited travel all day, making it easy to put together your own perfect day in the Blue Mountains. With buses running every half hour, you'll have plenty of time to hit all the highlights. We'll drop you at the door of star attractions like Scenic World and the famous Scenic Railway, and give you as long as you like to hang out with our beautiful Three Sisters. Want to stretch your legs on a bushwalk? Simply hop off the Explorer Bus and we'll meet you at the other end! If you're coming up by train, we pick you up right outside Katoomba Station - and we don't waste any time taking you straight to the big views. Instead of throwing away 45 minutes of your day walking through town to Echo Point or Scenic World, simply jump on the big red Double Decker bus and we'll get you to the cliff top quicker than you can drink a cup of coffee. While you relax and soak up the unbeatable views from the top deck, our friendly drivers will entertain you with a running commentary of fascinating local facts and stories. And at the end of the day, we'll get you back to the train or your hotel with time and energy to spare. Grab your slice of freedom. Start planning your perfect day in the Blue Mountains now.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
“Guys are terrible at info centre.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

The day we visited blue mountains20th April, was rainy & misty. So we asked whether we could enjoy the scenery. Guy from the info centre assured that its great visibility and rushed us to buy tickets ($76) saying that bus was abt to leave. Once the tickets purchased bus was there for another 10 minuts. And once started we couldnt see anything out side. It was so misty and pouring. There were another 4-5 visitors in the bus. When we came to the end we realised it was not the full jouney, but driver had made it short. I know you guys need to sell, but be genuine when you advise.

Visited April 2013
Jason C, General Manager at Blue Mountains Explorer Bus, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hi Shelton,

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy tour day in he Blue Mountains, some obviously due to the weather but some you say due to two incidents that I can see, one being the people in the Info Centre and second that you said that the driver cut the circuit short?

Can you please let me know where you purchased your ticket and exactly what time on the 20th april before I can comment on who or why they suggested what they did. We do have many agents selling our tickets and would definitely like that they are only selling like you suggest with people like you the travellers in mind.

As for the circuit being cut short can you also let me know where this exactly occurred, we did have GPS tracking in each bus with a history and I promise you if the bus was cut short I will definitely offer you a 100 percent refund on the ticket.

Regards,

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Berchem, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“David was great as well!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Excellent tour that goes past interesting stops. The enthusiasm and spontaneity of the driver made it a real pleasure to be on the bus.

Days should be longer to properly enjoy everything - visiting multiple days is recommended.

Even with two backpacks and a wheelchair it was easy to get on and off the bus.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Erik H
Hi Erik,

Thanks so much for your feedback and glad you had a good visit. Yes agree the more days you can send here the better but on tight itinerary one day is still worth it.

Whyalla, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent, a must to use, very helpful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I spent a week on holiday in Katoomba without transportation so I researched beforehand and thought this would be a perfect fit for me to get around, I was staying at Hotel Blue and they also recommended it and I’m so glad I listened to all the advice and selected the Blue Mountains Explorer Bus red Double Decker as it was great.
Jimmy is awesome and extremely dedicated, he welcomes people in their own language where he can, gives a lot of direction on what people can do and assist in planning their day if they need help (very welcomed). I also seen him twice go into shops looking for people as he had earlier agreed to meet them back at that stop at a certain time, above and beyond the call of duty which I thought was nice, he is a champ.
he also helped me select a nice little Indian restaurant which was quite good and I even seen him there having dinner himself, nice to know his suggestions are real and valid.
over the week I used the bus service heaps getting on and off multiple times, trying different walking trails and seeing the various sights. there were a few different drivers and all of them were excellent and very helpful, David (I think) was very good and even though he wasn't feeling well provided great commentary on the tour and gave a great history lesson about Colonial Australia.
Overall, this was a great way to get around and I highly recommend this for all to use, if not to get around but for the tour and commentary by itself.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Marcus_Whyalla_SA
Hi Marcus,

Thanks so much for your feedback, so glad you enjoyed your visit to the Blue Mountains.

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Jimmy was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

The explorer buses either came on time or 5 mins late, so punctuality wasn't a big issue. I particularly liked Jimmy as he was entertaining, friendly and spontaneous. His conversations/commentaries were added a personal touch to my trip in the Blue Mountains. He even got off the bus at key stops and personally gave directions to people who were planning to walk certain trails. His enthusiasm is amazing and I would like to sincerely thank him for making my trip so enjoyable.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lin J
Jason C, General Manager at Blue Mountains Explorer Bus, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Hi Lin J,

Thanks so much for your great feedback, glad you had a great day. I will make sure Jimmy also sees your comments. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Regards,

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Friendly face of the mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

The two bus drivers, Jimmy and Dave were just fabulous. Wonderfully helpful ambassadors for the blue mtns. Using a little bit of different languages to welcome people was just great. Tickets are terrific value, and the knowledgeable advice from the guys was invaluable. Great for those without cars, those who want a change, or those with a bit less mobility. Good clear advice re different walks and attractions. A total asset to tourism. Thanks.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank mmcentralcoast
Jason C, General Manager at Blue Mountains Explorer Bus, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Hi MMCentralCoast,

Thanks so much for your feedback and glad that you had such a great experience in the Blue Mountains. Yes we are certainly proud of all our drivers and I will pass these comments onto David and Jimmy.

Thanks again,