“Great service but below average food”
Review of Chork Dee

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: tel +61 2 478 21913
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Friendly service. The food was disappointing with both dishes judged below average. They were both just bland. Sweet and sour pork could have been anything. Disappointing considering some of the other reviews.

There are newer reviews for Chork Dee

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We felt like some fresh and healthy Thai food and we were not disappointed! We went on a Tuesday night and it was very quiet with only another dozen or so other diners, there were a lot of take aways going out so we thought that a good sign!
We shared some spring rolls for an entree and they were alright, but the mains which were a chicken phad thai and the chilli beef were fantastic! ...plate licking good! Not that I would do that or be allowed to especially in a restaurant! The portions were generous and the food was very tasty indeed, my chilli beef was nice and spicey but not over the top where you could taste the dish, the vegetables were fresh and crunchy and over all a great meal.
The lady waitress was very pleasant and every thing came out in a good time.
Very relaxing dining experience in a not too fancy flashy place.
We would ea there again!

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a dinner here. There was only one waiter and maybe just one cook tonight. But I think they managed pretty well as customers started streaming in after 7. I guess they were about 70% occupied with lots of other customers who went to but take-outs.

The tom yum soup was not at all spicy, we guess it must have been done so to suit locals. We asked for cut chillies and they gave us a generous serving of chilli Padi! The prawns were damn fresh too.

As for the pad Thai, I felt it lacked lime n interesting to find 'cao-poh' in it.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Food: 8.5/10
The food portion was so huge!! I ordered a half serve of pad thai and I was filled up to the brink after I was done. I wanted to order a side dish initially but I couldn't after I finished my noodles. Because I only had the pad thai, it came up to only 6.90AUD. CHEAP!!!

Staff: 10/10
Lady who was serving outside was always smiling and accommodating although I was clearly not an easy customer--I kept asking for bowl after bowl of chili sauce and chili padi! But she was so kind about it. Thumbs up for her tolerance!

Would recommend this eatery to anyone looking for good thai food. Don't be deceived by the humble exterior :) it is very dimly but ornately decorated within.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Thai probably is my favorite cuisine, and this was the best Thai food we had in Australia. We ordered a noodle dish and the masaman. The noodles were perfectly cooked, not too oily, and had a very nice hot-wok flavor. The masaman was, quite simply, outstanding. It came with a very large portion of lamb and wonderful curry. I am not a huge fan of lamb, but this was unbelievably good.