“great food great service”

Old City Bank Brasserie
Ranked #10 of 91 Restaurants in Katoomba
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Old City Bank Brasserie offers an informal dining experience - wood-fired pizzas, burgers, pastas, steaks & the freshest salads. Located at the bottom of the main hotel driveway, upstairs from the Old City Bank Bar, the multi award-winning Brasserie is open for orders from 12noon to 9pm (last orders) 7 days and meals may be enjoyed upstairs in the Brasserie (see hours below) or downstairs in the Old City Bank bar.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“great food great service”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

after being recommended to us, my wife and i went there for a meal, from the outside it looks nothing special, the bar on the ground floor was the same, after climbing the stairs the restaurant was welcoming. We were seated by steve, he went through the beers for me and took his recomendation, which was quite nice, we ordered steak for our main course which was cooked to our perfection. Steve was a great host and easy to talk to, very informative to, would recommened a visit

1 Thank terry s

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Came in for drinks. Stayed for dinner.”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We originally came here just for a drink or two outside. They have a lovely little part of the outside bar area that is in a little park on the main street in Katoomba. The food smelled so good that we decided to just stay for dinner. They have a different menu upstairs vs. Downstairs. We went upstairs for a full, nicer dinner. I had the beef and guinness pie, which was really delicious. It came with a great little salad. Those with me had the pizza, veggie pasta (not great) and a salmon special with sweet potatoes which was outrageous.
It's a very charming place.

• Visited March 2013
Lake Haven
“I want to go again.......”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

On 9/4/13, along with 6 friends, I was fortunate enough to dine at the Old Bank Brasserie. As I am a Foodie, I found it difficult to decide from the menu. Having decided on the Pork Belly, I was delighted. It just fell apart and melted in the mouth......I also ordered a side of vegies. When my meal came, I realised that I really did not need these, but ate them anyway. Our table ordered the rabbit, salmon and beef, all of which were superbly cooked and presented. The staff were attentive, but not intrusive. I followed my meal with the Rum'n Raison Affogato (OMG! TO DIE FOR!). We were all very impressed and can recommend this establishment wholeheartedly. Thank you Staff and Management.

Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic Service and Excellent Food”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Seven of us visited on the recommendation of my tour group organiser on a Tuesday, which was actually very busy. Luckily we booked!
The young man who showed us to our seats was very knowledgable of the menu (we had a lot of questions) and was very friendly. Recommended some good wines to us and made us all comfortable.
We went straight for the main meals which were largely portioned. The beef pie and pork belly were absolutely amazing.
Desert was also as excellent. Luckily we saved room!
I can't praise the staff and food in this place enough. I usually don't leave tips however tipped on this night.
I would recommend the Brasserie to everyone. A real little gem.
The only down side is that the toilets are downstairs. Which can be forgiven as the building is so old! It makes for fit staff who constantly run up and down!

Sydney, Australia
“Excellent pork belly”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the Old Bank Brasserie. The decor and furniture are perfectly in tune with the overall theme. My waitress on the night was amazingly efficient and bubbly. The slow-baked pork belly is a delight. I want to eat it again soon!