“Good food pathetic service”

Mario's Mineshaft Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #44 of 58 Restaurants in Jindabyne
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food pathetic service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my partner and my 7month old son apon arrival an elderly gentlman look at us and said "what do you want" I asked we could have a table lookex us up and down look at my son and sat us right next to the toilets right at the back of the restaurant!! My partner could see right into the male toilets and thr smell was horrible!! Never have I had such rude service in my life!! The food was good but the service was so pathetic I will never eat there again!! Food took over an hour to come out!! Food good price ok but service PATHETIC!!!!!

Sydney
“Not bad really, and some good healthy choices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Sure, it's a seasonal business that suffers from the usual issues of transient staff and not the best training. However, we were served by a nice lass who was efficient and polite. Some great healthy meal options with generous portions. Salmon and Trout were great, albeit a little overcooked. Typical ski season prices, however unfortunately just a reality of Aussie ski resort areas. I'll eat at Marios again.

• Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
“DISGUSTED!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Went there with my two kids and another family, who also have two kids, all under the age of 8. We sat down and ordered our food, which came out 2 hours after we ordered. The entrees came out after the mains, and we were still charged for it even though we told them not to worry about bringing it out as we were full from our mains. My daughter, who is 6 and is intolerant to certain foods, wanted to order plain boiled rice as she couldn't eat anything else on the menu, was refused by the chef, even though it comes with most dishes. when we asked to speak to the owner, the owner also rudely refused, even when we tried to explain our situation and offered to pay extra for the boiled rice. This may have been overlooked if the food was half decent, but Campbell's canned spaghetti tastes better then what we got. The only reason this place gets busy is because there aren't any other options around the area. The owner definitely takes advantage of the fact that there is no other restaurant people can go to. We spent $300 in this lousy joint, and we definitely were not satisfied!!!! FOOD HORRIBLE, SERVICE EVEN WORSE!!!

DO NOT EAT HERE!!!

Singapore, Singapore
“Good family value resteraunt .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food was nice and they had good childrens meals @ $13 so definitely a family friendly oasis in the otherwise pricey Snowy Mountains . I would definitely recommend if on a budget as I fed a hungry mob of 2 adults and 4 kids for $94.

Visited July 2013
Newcastle, NSW
“Some hits, some misses”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is lovely - fireplace, friendly & helpful staff and a casual vibe.
The serves are massive & unfortunately bland in flavour. I had the pesto fettucine with pine nuts & it was all olive oil, pasta & 8 pine nuts in total.
Fortunately they pack leftovers for takeaway (good value - dinner for two nights) and it was a bit better the next day but it wasn't anything special.
The waitresses were amazing though & very quick with orders, drinks etc
I recommend if u have the family - you can take your leftovers (there will be plenty!) and they provide marshmallows & sticks for them to cook in the fire under supervision.