“Great”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Staff are very friendly. Very noisy. But did not go for a romantic evening. Food is always good. Prices are reasonable for area.

There are newer reviews for Mario's Mineshaft Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have been going to jindabyne for over 20 years and have been to marios a few times, however our family is now three generations with some New additions. Being the family resturant that it claims to be we thought it would be the best option for a family of 6, a 4 year old and a 9month old.we called ahead to check that the children would be ok and all good. We arrived early before 6 as instructed and were met by Mario, we had absolutely no greeting just "how many people?' My sister explained we had adults and two children one in a stroller. Mario proceeded us to walk down the back of the resturant, where there was a kids play area.. but apparently the whole 2 tables that were meant for ppl with strollers were gone.
So we were shovelled around the whole resturant with my brother in law lifting the pram over other tables and finally into a tiny corner with a post in front of it. So we got rid of the pram and then asked to move this was also to hard because of the high chair apparently there was only one spot left for a high chair also.

I was so annoyed and we felt so ashamed we had bought a pram like it was something out of the ordinary and when I suggested easy option. It was simply out of the question. Never in my life have I been to a resturant which claims to be a family orientated place and is so unaccomodating!!! Absolute disgrace!!! If you have little kids do not go!!
On the other hand the pizza was ok, and the waitresses were lovely but I would suggest that Mario himself get another career or retire

1  Thank gongtravellor
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went on 18.8.2012 to celebrate my son's 24th birthday. My husband and myself arrived at 7.00pm. My sons and some friends arrived a bit late 7.40pm. No-one came near us until 8.00pm and we did not see our meals until 9.15pm. My spaghetti was not very nice (my husband can cook better). To top it off two of the pizzas were burned. Not very impressed at all only to be charged $276.00. I complained to the staff there and they didn't seem to care at all. Will never go back and will tell my friends not to go as well. DON'T GO

Reviewed August 1, 2012

great fireplace, plenty of tables, great pizza, very efficiently run - what's not to like? Get there early though because it's popular!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Pizza was very tasty but a little light on the toppings. A bit pricey, but it was very popular and the food was fresh. It was great to be able to watch the pizzas being loaded into the wood fired oven. Service was very friendly and efficient.