“Great value”

Alpine Gables Resort Hotel
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stay here over the long weekend with our 2 young kids. It was awesome. Great value. Clean spacious rooms. Everything you would need for a few nights. Beds were comfortable, good big screen tv. Our room at a nice view of the lake and it was very close to all amenities. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AliyahsMum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Stayed two nights in this terrible motel, beds old and not comfortable.Had to climb three staircases to reach accommodation.Unit not serviced and bed had bugs that made us itch all over.Do not be fooled cheap is cheap and nasty. Could not wait to leave.

Room Tip: If you have to stay , ask to see room first.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank thitreen

Travelers are raving about these Jindabyne hotels

birdinoz
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed here as part of a $ deal and was good value for money. We were allocated Room Number 1. We were give a ground floor room but offered a room on a higher level if we preferred (NB. There are no lift facilities). The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious for two people and had 2 bunk beds in the loft area. If were were a travelling with 6 it would have been too "cosy". The heating is centrally controlled but I would have preferred to be able to adjust the temperature myself. The room was clean but in need of a refurbish. The beds were comfortable. The location is fantastic, easy walk to shops and lake. There is a bar and restaurant attached to the motel, which we did not use. Overall the room is dated and some external noise (cars and people) were clearly heard. A ground floor room when this motel is full would definitely have been an issue but on this occasion it was great value.

Room Tip: If in the busy season (winter) I would request a room on a higher floor at the other end from restau...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank birdinoz
Lexington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here for two nights during a weekend excursion to Kosciuszko National Park. It's a little further out than Thredbo or other locations on the road into the park, but the difference in price is well worth the extra 20 minutes you'll have to drive. The place is spotlessly clean, conveniently located, and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Big plasma TV was the only real update. Everything else is pretty basic, but absolutely serviceable. It turns out "kitchenette" in Oz does not mean there is a burner or element, so if you'll be cooking, plan your meals around the microwave and electric skillet (the restaurant attached to the property is not one I'd recommend).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MCE1959
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

Stayed for three nights here in early January. The location is fantastic. It is across the street from a shopping centre, cinema and the I-site. You cross the main road to get to the lake. The staff are very friendly and more than helpful. I had a letter mailed to their address as I decided to extend my stay in the area. Even though I had moved to a different location in the snowy mountains, they kept note of my request and I was able to receive my letter. Thanks staff!

I stayed on the ground floor. The room is very basic and functional, but it's what I'd expect from a self-contained ski accommodation. It had a double bed downstairs and four bunk beds in the loft. The kitchen is small, with a small fridge and has the basic kitchen tools. It was, however, sufficient during my stay. The bathroom is spacious. The only complaint being the fan is very loud. The room isn't serviced during my stay, but if/when asked, the staff provided assistance.

I would stay at Aspire alpine again. The only reason why I moved was because I wanted to explore the Snowies a bit more and not have to do much driving. After exploring Jindabyne, I moved my base to Thredbo and stayed there for another three nights to explore that area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelicious_bug
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

We stayed here for one night in December 2011, and it was quite good value for money. The room was old and dated but clean, and had a small kitchen with a sink, a microwave, a few cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. The rooms have a loft which is quite unique - ours had the double bed upstairs and two single beds downstairs. There is a view of the lake from the balcony, and the shops are a short 5 minute walk to the right of the motel. If you have lots of luggage as we did, you may want to request a ground floor room, as there are no lifts.

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have lots of luggage - there are no lifts.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Warneringyou
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

Normally accustomed to high end hotels, I must admit I was a little nervous about the last minute booking I made to stay at Aspire Alpine Gables Motel Resort. I had never been to Jindabyne or the Snowy Mountain area so was excited for my trip and quietly hopefully that the last minute accommodation booking I had made would be satisfactory.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I stayed in a room with a balcony and view over the lake. My room was VERY cheap ($160 for 2 nights) and considering the size of the room and the sleeping capacity inside I have to say this is outstanding value! Travelling solo I only made use of the double bed, however also in my room were 4 bunk beds as well as a kitchen, bathroom and lounge area. The accommodation was old yet clean and tidy - all you could really ask for, and very very good value for money.

Jindabyne was a great base for daytrips and exploring. I took a lovely drive out to Thredbo and hiked up Mount Kosciuszko. I was super surprised to see snow - especially considering it was summer time (1st January 2012)!

A short five minute walk to the right of the motel are some great shops with good cafes, restaurants, bakeries, gift stores, fashion stores etc. Being a Sydney girl I am quite fussy and like to eat healthy and well - I was most surprised Jindabyne could cater so well for me! Fresh country food was abundant and well priced!

Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank callyincanberra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jindabyne
Lake Jindabyne Hotel
Discovery Parks - Jindabyne
Jindabyne Holiday Park
Jindabyne Holiday Park
#1 of 25 in Jindabyne

Been to Alpine Gables Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!