“Action Packed Ski Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Snowy Valley Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Snowy Valley Resort
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Jindabyne
Brisbane, Australia
“Action Packed Ski Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

We booked a weekend trip with Oz Snow Adventures leaving sydney friday afternoon, returning late sunday night.
Service was awesome from start to finish. A tour guide looked after us for the entire trip letting us have a few drinks on the way down to make the trip less boring.
Snowy Valley Resort is backpacker style accommodation which we were not fully aware of but for the price we couldn't complain becase the rooms were clean & warm.
We got our ski hire & lift tickets onsite which saved alot of time which meant more time on snow.
Huge party night on the saturday night with live music was great except for a couple of drunks waking us up late at night. If you want to ski be warey of the bar as a few people didnt ski sunday due to missing the bus hungover.
All in all the food/accommodation isn't first class but the whole package was lots of fun. Work monday was not fun.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank rouge75

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

We stayed at the Snowy Valley Resort as part of a 'mid week ski madness package' with OzSnowAdventures.

We wanted a cheap trip but a good time - and got incredible service as a bonus.

I was incredibly impressed with how efficient and easy everything was with the bus trip, the luggage, the trip down, arriving at the lodge and quickly / immediately getting fitted out with skis by a team of people on standby at 1am, hotel rooms and keys were all sorted on the bus trip down, loved how they pack our luggage /skis/boots on and off the bus every morning and night etc, lift passes just land in your lap on the drive down - no hassles.

Everything was easy, simple, fuss free, friendly funny bus driver and tour host. We didn't have time to use the pool/spa etc so I can't comment on that. Internet service was fine.

We had a twin share room with a shared bathroom. The rooms are very simple but no complaints. Girls byo hair dryer. Bathroom - no complaints, clean, simple.

The Food -

Breakfast: we got three breakfasts included with our trip - I wasn't a fan of the hot food (although the baked beans were the best I've had) but there was a range of cereals to compensate.

Dinner: No complaints /enjoyed it.

Drinks: Great deals at the bar and the live entertainment was great. Even bought the CD.

So if you love to ski and need a cheap and easy trip and don't mind a no frills place - go for it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank SierraDD
Jindabyne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

Like others we stayed here on a group tour and it appealed as it was cheap. When we checked in we found we were sharing a bathroom with 6-8 others which makes it hard to get up and ready in the morning in time for an early departure. The room itself was clean and warm.
The food is terrible and we ended up going into town for dinner even though it was included. If you like to party the saturday night at the bar was huge with live entertainment.
If you are looking for a cheap backpacker style drinking snow trip in budget accommodation that is what you get. Still probably avoid the food if you can.

• Stayed June 2008
3 Thank Loweee

Travelers are raving about these Jindabyne hotels

sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

We went down on a tour bus from sydney leaving friday night for the weekend.
On arrival a few of the guys got fitted out ski gear which wasnt until about 1am but better getting fitted out straight away then have to get up extra early.
Rooms consisted of bunk beds which we werent used to but were clean. The room was warm enough & had a fridge for our beers.
It was a standard hot breakie in the morning with enough to fill you up
The bar on saturday night was definately a highlight because of the live music.

• Stayed August 2009
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2009

The management was rude to their staff and not at all accommodating to the needs of the guests. I found the food very ordinary, hardly edible. The staff was friendly and tried hard however the management were rude to the staff and customers alike.
We were not told about facilities, where they were or how to access them.
Pool was not opened.
I asked to move rooms because of noise I was brushed aside initially; I was given another room and told I could only stay one night. I had to move three times.
I found the manager did not care. I would not stay there again and would not recommend it to anyone under any circumstances.
The accommodation advertised transport but was not available. They serve drinks to under eighteens and at no time asked for ID.
We share a bathroom with over twelve people.
A tour Bus arrived well past midnight and as people were given rooms they were banging door all night.
We asked for a room for three persons it had two single beds and a sofa bed, unmade. When the sofa bed was pulled out ready to sleep it was in front of the door so we could not get out of the room.
There were no fixed fire alarms.
The heaters were butted up to the bed. A complete fire hazard.
No tea/coffee facility in the room.
The toilet leaked having a wet floor continually.
The room was very small not allowing adequate space for luggage.
The drying room is a shambles and things were taken.
The worst accommodation in Australia. Do Not Stay There. More comfortable in the caravan park.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank FairGo_ToAll
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

This accommodation was part of a package deal and therefore the reason for staying here. I travelled with my sisters and a couple of friends (aged in our late teens to 20's) and shared a room for 6 people. We shared our bathroom with another room.

The room: As mentioned we stayed in a room with 3 bunk beds for 6 people. It was a bit cramped but we managed (I usually don't mind as I don't like to spend time in hotels) and our luggage made it worse, although there was a cupboard and a small empty bar fridge. The room was pretty clean and so was the linen, well except for 1 pillow. I recommend bringing your own pillow and maybe sheets if you're picky. My mattress was on an angle, but it was very comfortable and I had no trouble sleeping. The top bunks didn't have a safety bar, but really I don't recommend this place for a families in general. The temperature of the room was perfect.

The room summary: Typical of school camp/hostel accommodation.

The bathroom: The bathroom looked pretty clean, but for some reason looked like it had been used before we got there. We shared the bathroom with the room next door (in our section there were two rooms with a hallway and bathroom), so maybe they got there before us and used it, although I thought they were on the same tour so couldn't possibly have used it, but not sure.

The restaurant: It was more bistro/set meals kind of thing. The food was fine, not very healthy, but you're on holidays so enjoy yourself a bit. No complaints about the food really.

Location: It is not right in the town centre, so you'll need to drive down. We caught a taxi into town for some after dinner dessert; the price from the resort wasn't too bad as we split the coast between 5 of us (the taxi was a mini bus). We obtained the number from reception.

Reception: It was fine and they were helpful with our enquires.

The bar: One bit of advice, if you’re not the party type, stay away from the bar on the Saturday night.

Other: one night there was a bit of noise but it didn't last too long. There is also a cheap snow hire store on the premises.

Overall: I only came here because it was part of a cheap deal and I don't mind where I stay as long as it is safe and clean as I prefer to spend my time out of hotels. My stay was fine and un-eventful, although I'm going to check 'no' to would I recommend this to a friend, it is not because I had a bad stay, my stay was fine.

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank jo3113
ACT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2009

The low prices appealled to us. It didnt look to bad on the internet and was expecting cozy warm cabin style accomodation with some sort of communual fireplaces and hot chocolate to unwind after a hard day of skiing.
It was awful backpacker style accomodation that smelled funny.
Dusty, Dirty, doubted our sheets had even been changed. The crappy bashed up heater, summer doona, razor thin pillows and thin mattresses through which you could feel the slats and loud noisy generator or whatever it was kept me up all night. One room had a trundle bed..Pity the girl in my group that got that. Not exaggerating and I grew up in Africa so been able to stay in what i thought was bad but this was worse.
The hottub was cloudy and u had to pay for a change of towels. My advice is to get a group together, pack some sleeping bags pay for self contained apartment or something on the mountain

• Stayed August 2009