“AWESOME”

Snowy Valley Resort
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Jindabyne
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great winter fun!
I travelled here alone leaving Sydney with two great tour guides who were outstanding and very thoughtful to all of us as a group.
I felt very safe and looked after from start to finish.

My room was AWESOME very clean with tea and coffee facilities and it had been previously heated ready for my late night check in (top marks)
In the morning I was filled with a fab cooked breakfast and very impressed with the poached eggs!
All the food was very hearty meals nice and hot with great desserts to finish.

I wasn’t the best at snowboarding but was always checked on and asked if I needed any assistance (great team)
The professionalism carried on throughout the resort.

Then if your adrenaline is still pumping after a day on the slopes head to the bar which is on site and fun packed with live bands and competitions.

Would just like to thank all the staff and look forward to my next Snowy Valley experience.

Top job guys – Thanks heaps : )

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Arrived at Snowy Valley after getting a very good cheap deal through WOTIF on Friday afternoon. Checked in where the receptionist was very very helpful and advised of all breakfast/dinner timings, facilities available and local ammenaties. Accomodation was family style room consisting of a king sized bed and 2 bunks beds. Clean tidy bathroom, bed lined dated but clean and tidy. The pool, spa and sauna are a welcome touch after a good days boarding.
Onto the bistro breakfast was good but cant really go wrong with standard bacon, eggs and sausage, a bit more choice and variety would have made it more enjoyable, having said that the view over the lake jindabyne towards the mountains made it a nice backdrop 1st thing in the morning.
Went into the bar however it caters more towards young people rather than families.

All in all a very good enjoyable trip with excellent snow (didnt think i would say that in oz!!!) decent accomodation and very friendly helpful staff. Would defininately return for a weekend but with the boys or the Mrs ha ha.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here on the weekend, and was a bit wary after reading and hearing some reviews but ended up having a great experience. After the initial shock of having to share dorm style room with a bunch of strangers i ended up having a awesome time. We all bonded well after a big night in the bar which rocked with 2 live music acts on the one night.
Dinner & breakfast was provided with package. The food was basic but edible & the crispy hash browns included were the highlight after being hung over on the Sunday morning.
The heated pool, spa & sauna were all working which is a rarity for some resorts.
If your after a fast past fun trip, i would definitely recommend staying here but i wouldn't bring your parents along.

Room Tip: choose a room with its own bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I didn't have high expectations for this place because it was cheap and I had heard a lot of bad stuff about it, but I was disappointed anyway. If you are a young party animal travelling with a group of friends and you don't mind sharing very basic facilities, then this place will be great value for money. Otherwise, you might want to give it a miss.
I was travelling alone and managed to get my own room, but had to share a bathroom with a dorm of people. The shared bathrooms have only one toilet and one shower, so only one person can use it at a time, and everyone has to get up at the same time in the mornings so this can be very difficult. The bedrooms don't have mirrors either. I was expecting the beds to be made and rooms to be cleaned during the day; that didn't happen.
The food is really quite bad, very fatty, no fresh choices, and poorly made. There's nowhere else to go either.
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere so you can't go for a walk or get into town easily.
The staff are more interested in partying and chatting to each other than actually being professional and helping out customers.
The drying room is always so full you can hardly put anything in there - it's tiny!
If you want a simple bottle of water, you have to buy it from a vending machine. The machine took my money twice before I finally got one.
The bus trip up to the snow takes more than half an hour and the bus leaves and returns only once a day, so you can't come and go as you please.
The bar is quite good, well stocked and warm. Enjoy the happy hour from 8-9pm. After that though it becomes a domain for drunk teenagers and tour guides trying to hit on them.
Expect something very basic, like a cheap backpackers' hostel, and you won't be disappointed. I definitely won't be staying there again though.

Room Tip: Pay extra to get your own room and private bathroom, unless you are really used to sharing and you d...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is now my 3rd trip in the past 9 months and I love Snowy Valley and reccomend all my friends to stay here. I am from Melbourne and travel here rather than the various overpriced accomodation in the Victorian ski fields.

From the moment I arrive each time all the staff from reception to bar staff to the kitchen staff or cleaners everyone is always smiling and friendly and will ask how your day's been! The reception staff are always willing to go out of their way to help you.

The rooms are warm, cosy, clean and comfy not that anyone spends much time in there. If your not up the mountains sking or boarding then when you get back to Snowy Valley you are utilising the swimming pool, spa or sauna. Back to your room for a shower then its up to the bistro or bar for a choice of different meals.

Once dinner is over its off to the bar where the staff run trivia nights, pool competitions or my favourite, live entertainment twice a week by a musician and he goes off!

Overall Snowy Valley suits me and my lifestyle. Having fun, affordable accomodation, good facilities and staff who make my time here enjoyable each trip!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed here as a family in the school holidays. I had stayed here in about 1987 and found it to be quite nice back then. But clearly it was not the same management.

Firstly after a long drive we received an extremely luke warm reception. The reception person was more interested in speaking with another staff member rather than giving us the slightest bit of attention. We had breakfast included but they could work out if we really did so we had to recify that the following day.

Then when entering the room we noticed that the toilet was FLITHY. It had pubic hairs on the seat and poo stains in the bowl. Even my children were horrified. I was more concerned about getting dirty rather than clean when I had to jump into the shower. The shower floor was so dirty and had mould spores all over it. I have used public ammenties that have been cleaner than the ones in this room.

The curtain rail was broken and the window did not sit on the window correctly. There was a large gap with a draft coming in.

The bedding was a fitted sheet covering the mattress and a grubby doona without a cover sheet. The kids were scratching all night long so one can assume the bed had bed bugs.

This is the first room I have ever stayed in that did not have tea or coffee making facilities , so that means no kettle either.

When we did get into the breakfast room , I have to say the breakfast was awful. Cold soggy toast which was premade quite a long time ago , basic bacon,scrambled eggs , sausage and baked beans. All the staff serve you like they want to be anywhere else except for where they are.
There is limited resources at this "resort" I would not recommend The Snowy Valley Resort. This place was rated as a three star resort. It is definately not three stars or even two. Very disapointing accomodation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank maryado
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I just wanna say a big thank you to all the staff here at Snowy valley for making mine and my friends stay so fun and enjoyable! As soon as we arrived we were greeted by the receptionist who gave us all the information we needed for the duration of our stay. No complaints with the room, very simple but that was fine as we were here to ski and have a good time which is exactly what we did! Wasnt to far away from jindabyne town, 10 minutes drive and about 20 bucks in the taxi if that! Food was great, it was nice to see some variety everyday which is not what you get with most bistros. Ski Shop is also available onsite, the guys were very helpful and gave us all the information that we needed. Again staff here are brilliant, always professional and extremely friendly. Thanks guys! cant wait to come back soon :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jindabyne
Lake Jindabyne Hotel
#20 of 24 in Thredbo Village
Alpine Resort Motel
Alpine Resort Motel
#7 of 10 in Jindabyne

Been to Snowy Valley Resort? Share your experiences!