“Basically a motel with adequate amenities.”

Rest Point Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Glen Innes
Sydney
“Basically a motel with adequate amenities.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We spent 2 nights in Glen Innes occupying 2 rooms. The service desk appeared to be disinterested in your requirements. Every requests seemed to be a bother! We paid $100 per room so I suppose what you pay is what you get, absolutely the basic. No cooked breakfast for Sunday morning, somewhat acceptable (higher labour costs I suppose) but would have been nice if we had the option of getting one. The small things are the ones the irks me, such as no shower gel.(I wonder how many people still use hand soap to shower.) By the way forget getting a drink from the bar fridge, there is none. You have to prepay your drinks from the service desk, an indication management does not trust its guest to pay their bills. Lastly if you are ordering scrambled eggs, FORGET IT. It taste like mashed reconstituted eggs! We didn't try the restaurant because it had a prior private wedding booking. From the other comments posted, we have saved heaps.

Room Tip: If you just want a room for the night, this will be it. However If you can find something else take...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gerald F
JohnM M, Owner at Rest Point Motor Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Firstly, our liquor licence does not allow us to sell alcohol from our motel rooms and in line with many other hotels and motels throughout Australia we no longer stock our rooms with confectionary and soft drink because it is a service few patrons use. Likewise, whilst liquid soap is preferred by some, many of our elderly guests insist on wrapped soap as they cannot differentiate between other bathroom products. I note that you stayed for two nights. Should the rooms and service not have met your expectations it was always open to you to leave after the first night and no charge would have been made for the second. Finally, before making any comment about our restaurant perhaps you should actually dine there. There is good reason for our many favourable reviews and awards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Warwick, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed one night in the 2 bedroom family apartment. Whilst clean , neat and tidy, the rooms are somewhat dated. All the necesarry items are supplied for tea and coffee, altho there was no milk, bread plates or cutlery supplied in our room. Some maintenance wouldnt go astray, as the lock on our front door was faulty, and the couch well worn. Overall as budget accomodation, ($165 for the night) it was satisfactory. The room was at the rear of the complex and was quiet despite the highway.

Room Tip: rooms on the western side would be quietest.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
The Entrance, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our deluxe room for wasn't up to standards for me I was going to ring the reception to see if we had been placed into a standard room. Wasn't warm and welcoming at all....
The Hereford Steakhouse you pay $27 for a main meal then I paid extra $6.00 for "cold veges" which I sent back even the main meal wasn't hot enough come on.., finished my meal, then the waitress decides to serve my 2nd veges!
Very disappointing when you are on the road touring and we just want what you pay for, never "Let your silence be your protest" the Chef didn't charge me for the veges but as for the waitress she wasn't happy!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank myrubygal
Bundaberg, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Although on the highway, the motor inn itself is set back with beautiful gardens surrounding it, so we were not aware of any highway noise. The room was spacious and clean, and the staff friendly and helpful .... our only disappointment was the Hereford Steakhouse where the meals did not live up to what we were told to expect, and would have been returned except that we had had a long day and were starving .... almost whiteT-bone and chips ... and my husband's ribs, a highlight of the menu and looking delicious in their sauce, were so dry, hard and tough that he could barely cut them with a steak knife, let alone eat them. When asked if we had enjoyed our meal, we told the waitress and were offered a free drink which we declined.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ann W
JohnM M, Owner at Rest Point Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I was disappointed to read your review of our restaurant. My staff and I take great pride in the food quality and presentation we deliver to customers. I am not always able to be on site to deal with customer concerns but have requested staff immediately contact me so that situations such as yours are dealt with swiftly and matters addressed. I apologize for our failure to deliver the dining experience you expected. Should you return to Glen innes I would hope that you may dine with us again and discover what many of our other Trip Advisor customers regularly commend us on.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Rest Point Motor Inn is the place to stay when working or staying in Glen Innes. I like the space and layout of the motel. The rooms have always been well equipped with plenty of hot water for the after work shower. The attached Hereford Steakhouse, serves excellent meals at mid to high range pricing. Overall the staff and room quality keep me coming back

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tikiroo
Kearns Syndey Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was greeted with a friendly smile and quick service by the staff. Nothing seemed to be a problem during my three day stay and the location back off the highway ensured a peaceful sleep from road noise.

As I was on business I found my corporate rate got me a spa room. This included a large corner spa, separate shower and large open floor space (unlike a lot of other motel I have stayed at). The room featured a double and single bed, lounge, 4 person dining table and a kitchenette area. There was a reverse cycle air conditioner, and the location of the flat screen TV allowed you to turn it around and watch tv in bed if you so desire.

The room was serviced daily to a very high standard. The hotel offers free wi fi and has a resturant onsite if required.

The motel itself is just south of the main town (and if weather permits) a short walk to food outlets, pubs, clubs, and shopping centre.

I would have no hesitation on staying here again and the owners (or staff) should be very happy with the service they provided to make my stay comfortable and pleasant

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank themurgs4
JohnM M, Owner at Rest Point Motor Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you for your very kind review.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.
I've passed on your comments to my cleaning staff who are rather chuffed at the recognition they have received.
regards,
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

For the price I didn't expect much. Checked in and didn't know they did dinner so I ended up ordering Chinese as nothing else was open. Clean enough. Back room so it was quiet. Good nights sleep, what more can you ask for

• Stayed January 2012