“Good river view but poor food AND not like all the referrerals!”
Review of Bella Bellissimo

Bella Bellissimo
Ranked #10 of 83 Restaurants in Forster
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Whats with everyone referring us to this restaurant. If i tell friends im off to Forster they say "you must check out the Italian restaurant!"

Whatever bro...

The food was crapulant. I have had better pasta at home. Two of my friends felt really sick all night after the seafood pasta (which has bones and a flipper in it btw). They ordered a garlic creamy seafood fetticinni and they must have forgotten the Garlic?

We first called up at 5:00pm sunday and asked if we can get a table for 4 for 6:00pm...understandably they said they could not accomdate.

Got my female friend to call up and ask again at 5:30 and someone else answered and said "Yes, we can accomodate but you will need to leave by 7:30pm"

why the two different answers for booking?

Anyway. the chicken bosciola my partner ordered was good, but pasta undercooked and very amateur.

Garlic bread pizza was pretty good but hey, can you really stuff that up? LOL

so basically...amateur pasta..very undercooked...

nice service and owner seemed nice..

looked out back in the kitchen and suprise suprise...it was 5 young dudes cooking (not chef's, not italians, not cooks...just young guys who work like its a pizza shop...not an italian restaurant.

maybe try elsewhere...i heard theres another good restaurant near the bridge to tuncurry...

2  Thank sanctus07

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Lovely food. Great views of sun going down over the river but marred by slow service.
Give this place a go though. It may have been a one off night. New staff...whatever.
They were not rude just interminably slow. Great gluten free options. Thank you.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great tasting pasta until the massive amount of oil hits you, worst stomach ache in a while. Ruined my night & sleep!

1  Thank BeeAshley
Reviewed January 13, 2013

What a disgraceful attitude and service my family got when we arrived for lunch at 1.45pm on Saturday. It was like we interrupted the waitress' bludging and forced her to work. Ordered garlic bread had it dropped on the table with no side plates asked for some got attitude then pasta for main meal no Parmesan cheese we did not even ask for it for fear of more attitude. We used to go here every year more than once per year but now I would not recommend it to any one. Avoid it until it changes hands.

2  Thank Sharpie65
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Booked a 7.30 reservation and were told to wait outside for 10 mins as the table wasn't ready. We we were seated we waited half an hour for our drink order to be taken with not all the order filled I tried to gain the attention of waitstaff with no response so went to the bar advising of the missing drink only to be met with a surly face. There were no more offers of drinks after this and entrees and main meals were delivered with a very bad and surly attitude. I am completely mystified as to why this restaurant is still in business. Take away is fine but don't pay for the priveledge of being treated like garbage, food was OK. In my opinion avoid at all costs.

2  Thank Deborah J