“Blown away by the food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sotos Cafe - CLOSED

Sotos Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
NSW, Australia
“Blown away by the food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

As I am coeliac I am always concerned about eating out and getting sick.
I found this restaurant on the coeliac society of Australia website and thought I would give them a try.
We were there for breakfast and even though they were very busy for a Sunday morning the staff were very quick in acknowledging us and advising they would be with us as quickly as possible. Once seated I advised I was coeliac and I was blown away by the service of the staff, they were so helpful and advised me what I could or could not have and even modified a menu item so I could have it.
Throughout my breakfast they checked to make sure everything was all right and making sure that we didn't need any more beverages or food. The food was amazing and the coffee is great. I have now decided that every time I head to Forster this is where I will be eating, the staff were amazing, friendly and helpful and the food just great.

At the end of our breakfast I asked about what type of gluten free bread they used, the wrote down the bakery details for me so I could go and buy a loaf for myself.

This was one of the best experiences I have had at any restaurant or cafe to date and I will be back many times.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Cykadelick

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best cafe in Forster”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My fiancè and I go to Sotos every time we come to Forster from Canberra, which is quite often. The staff are extremely friendly and attentive and the coffee and breakfasts are fantastic. Definitely worth a visit or two.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank LSean90
“Best by far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Firstly the review by misslucy80 on the 14th has got her wires crossed she is thinking of another cafe in Forster called shots of happy. I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience and sotos the coffee is some of the beat I have ever tasted and I have had coffee all over the world. The food is great some many great dishes with some great twists the wagyu beef burger is awesome and the corn friters are just YUM! The staff are always happy and Joey and Harley are masters when it comes coffee art and they don't mind letting you watch when the create you coffee masterpiece. Seriously worth your time and calling in for a chat and a coffee 5out of 5.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank T0dd-b4k3r
“Easy going cafe that reminds you that there is more to cafe's than just great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Sotos quickly became my coffee shop of choice when holidaying in Forster regularly.
I am sure to visit, for at the very least a coffee everyday.
The outlook of the lake is exceptional, the food is great, the coffee is best I've ever had, and the friendly staff create a real easygoing environment that brings you back time and time again.

• Visited April 2013
“Not quite there....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

It's quiet, there is some comfy lounge style seating and they make ok tea and coffee, which is why I'll often call in for a cuppa. Have tried on a few occasions to eat there, but I don't bother anymore. The menu is small. They have tried to put some creative healthy-ish options on the menu but the flavour combos just are not right, and the ingredients are not prepared/combined in nice ways. They often aren't cooked using healthy methods either, yucky oil etc. nice effort, but not great, just doesn't work. I find the service a bit to casual for my liking also, very lax, so much so that it comes across as rude and unprofessional. They hold special themed dinner nights, haven't tried these menus.

• Visited March 2013