“fast service and yummy fresh food”

Hong Kong Chinese Resturant
Ranked #8 of 39 Restaurants in Cowra
Cuisines: Chinese, Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 5, 2013

after a busy week it was a relief to be able to order fresh and tasty food and get it in record time from friendly staff. I ordered extra hot Mongolian Lamb for my husband and he loved it, it was perfect. The fried rice had good size prawns in it and my chow mein was garlicy good.

1  Thank Sallieann T

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Bought takeaway from this restaurant and took it back to our motel. Delicious and freshly made. We rang and ordered over the phone to avoid having to wait while the meal was cooked and it was piping hot when we got there to collect.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

purchased take away from this restaurant on 16/2/13. Asked the sales assistant whether the food I chose (Peking Beef) had vegetables with it or if it was a "meat only" dish. She stated she didn't know, she didn't offer to perhaps go and ask she just said she didn't know. Odd thing to do. Anyway I ordered it and some special fried rice. The beef was that hard it was impossible to eat, I mean teeth breaking stuff. The fried rice was soggy, almost as if it had been in the micro wave, it had a couple of bacon bits in it (I think it was bacon) and a couple of small shrimps that I think may have been from a can. Overall terrible food and lazy service.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Had the worst takeaway meal ever tonight...sweet and sour pork...microscopic pieces of very dry unidentifiable meat covered in very greasy batter, with no vegetables..(2) Honey chicken which was equally as bad, (3) salt and pepper squid, fried to within an inch of it's life......greasy, tough, generally disgusting. and the fried rice was very, very ordinary as well. My husband very rarely complains about meals, but this was certainly the exception. $50.00 for a meal you can't eat......Why are the in house meals always better at this restaurant than takeaways????

1  Thank Kaye F
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Country NSW has heaps of Chinese restaurants so it's hard to find a decent one. However I quiet enjoyed our meals here at Cowra. Good value, speedy service and nice food.