“cool for kids and grown ups too” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Corowa
Melbourne, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 166 helpful votes
“cool for kids and grown ups too”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

It's worth a visit just to check out the amazing building and all the relics of its former life as a mill. That was really interesting and kept me fully entertained. It was also a cool place and reminded me of some of the first businesses to open in inner city Melbourne around Collingwood. I imagine if I'd arrived without kids I could have spent a lot of time there chilling out.
Instead... We brought a gang of kids and they enjoyed making a giant chocolate freckle for $4. Maybe there could have been a few more interesting toppings that just freckle mix, but the kids were happy. Plus then there was room outside for them to run about.
My coffee was ok, but could have been stronger and a bit nicer. Food and menu looked nice, but we didn't eat.
The woman who served us was a bit unfriendly and verging on cranky. Pretty ordinary really in a small town with few attractions, but we didn't let it spoil our visit.
There was no whiskey happening. Sad for me, but it won't be my last visit to Corowa, so maybe next time.

Visited August 2012

Paynesville
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Coffee time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great coffee and lovely sunny courtyard. Nice live music.

Visited July 2012
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Locally produced delicious food in an historic building rescued from ruin: worth a detour.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

In a mill recently renovated to include a cafe and chocolate shop, I recommemd the Corowa Whisky & Chocolate Factory for the food and the setting. On a cold, clear day, the venue was the perfect spot to enjoy a meal- in a large room with windows allowing plenty of natural light, enabling us to enjoy the different vistas of the complex, with modern artwork on the walls, and well heated. The menu included freshly made soup and pies, reasonably priced, and enjoyed by myself and companions. If you are nearby, ensure you make it in time to enjoy lunch or coffee.

Melbourne, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Disappointed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Highly disappointed. Staff were rude and service was very ordinary - when we eventually got their attention. Chocolate we purchased was over priced and tasted poor.

Visited June 2012
Brighton, Australia
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Best coffee either side of the border!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

We come to the rutherglen area for the Winery Walk About - every year for the last 19 and this has to be the best place to satify our caffeine needs! We have tried all the local haunts, but this is finally the place to have our morning 'fix'! Well done. not sure about the chocolate or the whiskey but the coffee is definitely worth a visit and the breakfast looked very acceptable, though we didn't eat here.

Visited June 2012