“This cafe has the LOTT!”

Lott Food Store Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #10 of 61 Restaurants in Cooma
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
NSW
“This cafe has the LOTT!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Caught sight of this little place as we were driving through Cooma looking for a coffee stop and we are so glad we stopped. What a bonus to not only find good coffee, but an interesting café/deli full of interesting food and kitchen accessories to buy. We only intended to grab a coffee but it didn't take long for us to be tempted by breakfast. My husband ordered the bacon and egg roll, and my brother and I the poached eggs on sourdough. The poached eggs were perfect - always a good sign! The place was busy but we were brought water and menus immediately we sat down. The food arrived before the coffee but we were immediately reassured by the owner that our coffees were on their way. Service and food outstanding. Would recommend this place to anyone travelling through Cooma.

• Visited January 2014

Pambula, Australia
“Coffee poor.”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Been stopping here for years on our way to Canberra for take away coffee, usually great. But today coffee was of a very poor standard. Always disappointing when you pay so much for coffee but staff are not trained probably.

1 Thank GBH777777
Elise D, Public Relations Manager at Lott Food Store Bakery & Cafe, responded to this review, August 24, 2016
So sorry that you had a bad experience before. We are under new management and since then have got a new coffee blend and baristas. We would love for you to come in and give us a second chance.
Hobart, Australia
“not sure”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had been told to stop in Cooma and lunch at Loft, I ordered a sandwich, and yes to eat there,
The sandwich arrived with a very small salad on the side, I was surprised when I went to pay that it was $13.50, the extra was for the salad, I was told, very over priced for what I had.
Sydney prices!

• Visited November 2013
Yogyakarta
“Awesome platter, impressive spot”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Just stopped in for lunch on the drive from Canberra to Melbourne.. Damn Cooma has come a long way from my childhood memories where the downtown tourist cafe was the best fare in town.

Had a great bacon and sweet potato soup a d an awesome nibbles platter. Good coffee, friendly staff, I'll be back

1 Thank Big_Yob
A12345Z, Owner at Lott Food Store Bakery & Cafe, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your contribution to this site. We appreciate you taking the time to give us a great review. But more importantly, I'm glad your experience was so good. See you next time.
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I ate lunch here last week. I was truly blown away. The cafe is at the wrong (southern) end of Cooma's main street so it takes a deliberate decision to go there but it is worth it. They have a wide range of food including black board specials. I enjoyed a chicken and pesto baguette. It was simply huge and I could not do it justice. It tasted wonderful. They also provided tea in a pot which is a traditional touch I genuinely appreciate. The decor is intriguing with stylised animals looking down from the walls. There is a fire box which I guess operates in winter. I will go back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank David B
A12345Z, Owner at Lott Food Store Bakery & Cafe, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. We want our customers to have not only a enjoyable time but a satisfying one.