“Do as the Locals Do...”

Ranked #23 of 117 Restaurants in Coogee
Neighborhood: Coogee
Neighborhood: Coogee
Reviewed January 23, 2019

We have visited the Legion Club plenty of times as my family live in the area. Each time we have been we've found the place to have lots of friendly locals and some who don't mind having a chat after a few beers! We haven't eaten there, although a family member has and said the meals were nice. The drinks are reasonably priced, nothing too exorbitant just the usual fare.

Like any club there are rules that should be adhered to but nothing too stringent, just make sure you have photo ID to gain entry. At 6pm each evening the lights dim and a minutes' silence is observed in regard to servicemen and women. All patrons must face west and pay respect.

Overall it's a fairly relaxed place with a great view of Coogee Beach. If you are in Coogee and want to do as the locals do then this club deserves a visit. It makes a nice change and is a little different to the other venues around this area.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 5, 2019

We were staying with friends in Coogee and wanted to take them out for dinner so tried this place out. Got a balcony table as requested .Service was prompt meal choices good. It is very noisy and food standard across our table varied from great to tasteless.Dont think we will be back.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Brenton K
Reviewed December 30, 2018

A club with rules but with a friendly atmosphere of locals and visitors. A club to have a cool drink and a restaurant with tasty food. Sit on the balcony with a million dollar view overlooking hoards of beach goers and tourist flocking the many eateries surrounding the club.Just a half hour to the Airport and the city , this place called Coogee is heaven.

Reviewed December 27, 2018

In a large party seated on the “verandah” which was very hot. Slow to take our order. OK, we can take that, but at least give us food with some sort of FLAVOUR! We both had John Dory on risotto with a couple of sticks of undercooked asparagus. Awful.

Never been before, will never go again!

1  Thank Susan T
Reviewed December 20, 2018 via mobile

In reference to @MissyR685
I phoned Coogee Legion Club dining room 3 weeks ago to reserve a table on 19/12 and was told it was fully booked. So I’m unsure how you phoned in the afternoon and had a booking confirmed.
The club was packed to capacity standing room only with upstairs function room open to accommodate the crowd as it was major Christmas raffle night.
I went to the club early to secure a table on the club balcony.
Debbie the manager had just finished her busy shift to have dinner with her elderly father, daughter and no staff members. I did not see Debbie drinking as she was looking after her grandson.
I am not a friend of Debbies and only know her as an efficient helpful manager as I have had many functions at the club.
As I was at the next table I witnessed your aggression towards Debbie as there was not a table for you.
Debbie did not say she was securing the balcony for herself and her friends. The other tables were occcupied with members.
I feel your comments were unnecessary and harsh especially at this time of year. It was obviously a very busy and stressful night working in hospitality.
I highly recommend the Coogee Legion Club to anyone wanting a lovely meal, with a great view of Coogee Beach and lovely staff to help.
Linny B