“Specials not so special”

Brasserie at Coogee Bay Hotel
Ranked #50 of 96 Restaurants in Coogee
Cuisines: African, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Coogee
Adelaide, Australia
“Specials not so special”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was after the $15 rump steak which ended up costing me $23 because I wanted gravy and vegetables. Gravy was $2 and vegetables which consited of brocoli was $7! It turns out they added vegetables onto the chips and what they called a salad which was baby spinach leaves with a dressing. Well at least I got my greens that night.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Karen603

Sydney, Australia
“Great for beer garden casual dining”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The CBH is an iconic destination in Sydney. Sat out with friends in the beer garden for a long lunch with a couple of beers. The crowd was mixed with a few tourists and mostly locals.
It was a perfect sunny winters day so the colour of the beach was absolutely amazing. The food options were quite varied and are really an upmarket bistro style.
The only negative was the length of time that it took to line up and order lunch.

• Visited July 2014
Essex, United Kingdom
“Not just a restaurant”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

During our 3 week stay in Coogee in April we must have eaten here at least 6 times, both on our own and with extended family, including a 2 year old. We were staying a few doors away so having such a great place on our doorstep was a bonus. There was great beer battered fish & chips, my personal favourite of baramundi fish, the pulled pork was to die for, huge burgers or great salads and healthy meals - such a great selection with an added 'Specials' board every day. All this and the added bonus of being able to eat in the restaurant or out in the sunshine ! Also at night the outside space is under heated shades for those chilly nights. All this with a brilliant bar added a great atmosphere whatever time of day.

• Visited April 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“great service great food”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I just went to the coogee bay for the first time this weekend. Coming from Queensland I found the amenities amazing, right close to the beach. But my greater surprise was the food. I was expecting the usual pub grub but instead what I had was pleasantly surprising. We order the coogee platter which showcases a bit of everything and enjoyed every piece of it. Will definitely come back :) Staff on the floor were also very nice and pleasant not the usual pub staff always in a hurry and not caring about customers. Thumbs up

• Visited June 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“A bit fawlty towers”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Decent food, quite chilly inside. Service is friendly but disorganised, forgetting coffees, misunderstandings around meals. Not bad though overall.