“Outstanding food & service!”
Review of Renato's - CLOSED

Renato's
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Coogee
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stumbled across Renato's whilst walking through Coogee looking for a welcoming restaurant with a good menu that was BYO. Boy, did we hit the jackpot. Not only was the service outstanding, our meals were very substantial but also superb. I highly recommend the lamb shanks, however in saying that I was also pleasantly overwhelmed by the fabulous aroma from other meals that were being served around us. My guess is that every meal that came out of the kitchen would have been delicious.
Prices are reasonable, portions generous. Whilst the restaurant was quite busy, we were not made to feel like we had to rush out to free up a table for the next customer. This is also a family friendly restaurant. There were many families dining around us and the staff were eager to ensure that the children were comfortable.
I highly recommend this restaurant - I just wish it was closer to home! :)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Decided to eat here after an absence of many years and after reviewing Trip Advisor. Food was fresh, well cooked and good value for money. Portions were very generous. I accidentally ordered the wrong meal (small brain explosion) and they happily replaced it with my preferred choice. Will definitely return for the food and extremely friendly service.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Was trawling Coogee Beach after 10pm on a Friday looking for a place that hadn't closed its kitchen. Reanato's not only was open but when we left at 11.15pm was still accepting walkins. Great atmosphere, interesting colourful staff, great food, great wine and highly recommended.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We dropped in here on a Monday afternoon about 3pm. There was no drama in ordering lunch & the waitress was absolutely friendly & nothing was too hard. We ordered a macchiato, hot choc( that could have been a bit hotter). Grilled chicken burger meat was a little tough but my fiance's angus beef burger was delicious. They shouls be offering free range chicken. They both came with freshly cooked chips & a delicious salad. A good place to have lunch.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

My teenager and I called into Renato's on a trip to Coogee Beach. We were pleasantly surprised at the warm and friendly greeting from the front of house person. We witnessed her friendly service and pleasant conversation with every diner, even though we were utilising a socal media voucher. Nothing was too difficult for her. I ordered barramundi as my main and my teen a steak (special request no veges) . Both arrived steaming hot , generous portions and beautifully cooked. As a result we ordered desserts and coffee as extras and left a sizeable tip. Beautiful warm interior and well-placed outdors table within a very short stroll to Coogee Beach. We will definitely return in a larger group.