“Too noisy”

Ranked #1 of 96 Restaurants in Coogee
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Coogee
Description: World class food prepared by properly trained European chefs and served by friendly,knowledgeable waitstaff.Fully stocked bar,excellent wine list and terrific Allpress coffee.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too noisy”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Had breakfast here last week, food and coffee were nice considering the disappointing location. This cafe is on a busy road next to a car wash with an uninterrupted view of the suburban wheely bins. There are busses thundering down the street making conversation very difficult. Overall not bad food but the the fumes and noise from the bus stop were very unpleasant and left me feeling slightly nauseous. Thankfully the service was fast so we did not have to linger.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Nicole T

• Korean first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Amazing food, friendly staff, great spot!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We thought we would stop by for some brunch on our way home.
I ordered the Egg's Benedict with smoked salmon and my other half
had the crispy skinned chicken. Both meals were amazing but the crispy
skinned chicken was to die for. Perfectly cooked and full of flavour.
Staff are particularly friendly and service is also great. Food is a little on
the pricey side but portion sizes are quite good.
Really looking forward to trying other things on their menu.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Woof W
“Great Dining Experience!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went to X74 for a lunch with some friends. I found the cafe to be very well presented with a great menu to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters and the blackboard menu was superb! It was very hard to choose a dish as they all looked good. I also found the staff to be very friendly and extremely accommodating for me as I had a very over active toddler with me! I now dine here quite often and consider it my new local!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Charm077
“Great cafe”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great coffee, the best bacon and egg breakfast rolls I've ever had. Amazing deserts and dinner menu to die for!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank SteviKat
Sydney, Australia
“Exquisite Food and Service”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I recently had dinner at X74 and the service was second to none. The meals were of the highest quality and the friendly staff just topped off what was altogether a great night. The lamb ragyu and hand made pasta was great and my husband had the barramundi which he thoroughly enjoyed. Only one thing I would recommend...bring back the beautiful steak sandwich I had for lunch there!!
Loved it and will definitely be back!

• Visited March 2013